PDA

View Full Version : Knee pads for Iai

diwallace
31st May 2000, 19:44
I am Looking for good quality knee pads for Iai practice. I am currently using a pair by "Bike" which seem to be wearing out after several months of practice. If anyone has any suggestions, especially on a pair with an "open back", let me know.

Carl Long
1st June 2000, 22:28
The best knee pads I have found are made by "Trace". They have open backs. You can usually find them at Sports authority or one of the larger sporting goods stores. Look under the dept that carries Softball equipment.I highly reccommend them for Iai.

Carl Long

socho
2nd June 2000, 11:07
Hello,
don't know the brand, but I have found that elbow pads, the ones that have three sections, work best for me. They don't slip as much as the bike knee pads.

------------------
Dave Drawdy

hyaku
2nd June 2000, 15:48
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by diwallace:
I am Looking for good quality knee pads for Iai practice. I am currently using a pair by "Bike" which seem to be wearing out after several months of practice. If anyone has any suggestions, especially on a pair with an "open back", let me know.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find the Latex (wet suit material) knee supporters far better than pads. The front is double and gives more than enough protection, and at the same time doesn't upset ones balance. They don't cramp up at the back. They also warm the joint which is not a bad thing on a cold floor or in cold conditions. I have the pull on ones but I think you can get them with Velcro fasteners.
Hyakutake

diwallace
2nd June 2000, 16:17
Thanks for the helpful advice, I will look into all of your suggestions.

Sean Townsend
10th June 2000, 06:34
I use Asics gel wrestling knee pads for my training, they work really well I think

------------------
Keep going,
Sean Townsend
cxxxxxx|================-