PDA

View Full Version : Yamaguchi Katsuo (Eishin ryu iaido)

A.J. Bryant
27th January 2006, 14:02
Good morning all,

Regretfully, Yamaguchi Katsuo sensei passed away on January 25th, 2006. I’m posting this on behalf of Nicklaus Suino sensei:

“Dear Friends,

I received word from several sources yesterday that Yamaguchi Katsuo Sensei, Meijin 10th Dan in Eishin Ryu Iaido, has passed away. He has been in failing health for several years and lost his wife a year or so ago. He was my iaido teacher and one of the greatest martial artists I have known. I am personally devastated at the loss, but thankful for the great gift he gave me in the form of 4 years of exemplary iaido instruction. I know there are hundreds, if not thousands, of people who have had opportunities to train with him at seminars around the world, and I am sure that many of you feel a similar sense of sorrow at his passing.

It is my intention to prepare an obituary and seek publication in one or more of the reputable budo magazines. For this purpose, I ask that you reflect on your martial arts experiences and, if you have any anecdotes or experiences involving Yamaguchi-Sensei, please send them to me. If you know of anybody else who might have some information, I ask that you forward this email to them so that they can provide that information to me.

Any photographs or information that you care to send that cannot be emailed can be sent to:

Nicklaus Suino
PO Box 221
Traverse City, MI 49685

Best Wishes,

NBS”

Andy Watson
27th January 2006, 14:39
My sincere condolensces.

Charlie Kondek
27th January 2006, 15:46
Rest in peace!

Gennan 53
27th January 2006, 16:42
Suino Sensei,

On behalf of all of the Deshi of the United States Tamiya Ryu Iaijutsu Organization I would like to offer our deepest condolences on your great loss. Although I never had the opportunity to meet Yamaguchi Sensei, I have heard much about him from Tsumaki Sensei and his father Tsumaki Seirin Genshi Soke, both of whom always spoke highly of him and his accomplishments.

Kono tabi wa goshuushousama deshita...