PDA

View Full Version : (Relative) newbie to the JSA saying hi (*hopefully* short and sweet)...

budoka_ch
1st February 2006, 19:59
Hi all,

My name's Chris, and I've been mostly lurking on the rest of the board, occasionally posting, since I finally got the guts to register last summer (after lurking for about...well, before the Big Crash in 1999-2000 or so). I've corresponded with a few of you that have been kind enough to respond to my sometimes-disjointed ramblings (hey, Brian O.) but I just wanted to say hi to the rest of you, as I guess I am now a semi-official member of the JSA community.

Anyway, I do karate, but last month after successfully passing my sankyu test (not that it matters one whit outside my dojo), I decided to start crosstraining in iaido and related arts. Of course, I was careful to read anything I could on crosstraining, specifically the thread on Karate and Swordsmanship, and so for the past three weeks I have been doing an intro class at my local aikido dojo, doing Kokikai aikiken, seite...uh, ZenKenRen :) and, in the *very* distant future, MSR. I hope to move into the regular members' classes in about 7 weeks.

Yoroshiku onegai itashimasu.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll scuttle off the tatami to avoid any (more?) egregious errors...