PDA

View Full Version : Kuzushi thread on Aikido Forum

kimiwane
14th February 2006, 16:38
Dear gentle judo souls,

please be aware that there is a thread on "kuzushi" in the Aikido forum.

Your comments are solicited.

The thread started because tha aunkai guy claimed that no one can get kuzushi without employing "six-directional contradictory power" from Chinese martial arts. This started on a "Meditation/Ki" thread. He wouldn't stop with his focus on kuzushi, so I opened a kuzushi thread for him to deal with those matters, but he has declined.

I gave two examples of kuzushi and asked for opinions on them. None of the great kuzushi masters of the six-directions theory has made any serious comments. I thought all along that only skilled judo people would be able to answer some of these questions, but I thought you would all be drawn in by the "Kuzushi wa ne..." title.

Please come by the Aikido forum and make your comments on Kuzushi.

Thank you.

MarkF
16th February 2006, 09:34
Thank you for the invitation, but Peter has, at least temporarily, closed the thread.

I remember the thread and did read the original posts which immediately took it off course. How does one argue with the "standard bearer?"

Your posts at the end could easily begin a thread on its own which is always something you could do.

I apologize your invitation went unanswered.

Best,

Mark

mikesigman@eart
21st February 2006, 22:28
How does one argue with the "standard bearer?"Unless you're a god-like moderator, you don't. That was completely gratuitous, BTW, and speaks poorly for E-Budo.

Mike Sigman

Joseph Svinth
22nd February 2006, 01:47
I must have missed the post that appointed you God of E-budo.

mikesigman@eart
22nd February 2006, 02:01
Yawn. E-Budo needs a god? Who said one was appointed? Want to try your hand at kuzushi, ki, kokyu-power or anything like that? I thought not.

Mike

MarkF
22nd February 2006, 09:04
Mr. Sigman,

I have been reading the threads in the aikido forum. One thing I have noted is that you really do shoot from the hip. I am not one to make a lot of rules for this or any other forum, but you have done it again. Proud of yourself?

Please feel free to open another thread and on the very subjects you mentioned. If you do not have the stomach for it then don't participate at all. You are too much, and yet I had no idea it was you when I recalled what you apparently said in my response to Mr. Orange.

You were recognized, however, so in the spirit of the gods, this thread is closed.

Mark