PDA

View Full Version : No Apologies

joe yang
16th February 2006, 07:36
I wish I had thought of this (http://www.noapologiespress.com/presents/asiandrink/index.html). But every one of these drinks I ever tried all tasted like the smell of a damp, unpaved basement, these guys are much more descriptive.

Andrew S
16th February 2006, 11:14
Sorry, Joe. I'm actually a fan of some of the products in question. And as for Americans telling Kirin to "stick to brewing weak beer", all I can say is:

Me: Pot, meet kettle.
Pot: You're black!!!

Prince Loeffler
17th February 2006, 07:33
I wish I had thought of this (http://www.noapologiespress.com/presents/asiandrink/index.html). But every one of these drinks I ever tried all tasted like the smell of a damp, unpaved basement, these guys are much more descriptive.

Joe, can you describe to me in word what damp, unpaved basement taste like as I never been in a damp, unpaved basement. :) :) :)

joe yang
17th February 2006, 08:02
Sorry Prince, I can't describe it, but if you grew up in an older house with an unfinished basement you would know the smell. There is a good sized Asian food market in the Lehigh Valley. I picked up a can of grass jelly drink on a whim and took it to work one day. I poured it into a glass on a break. It was gross just coming out of the can, so I poured off smaller samples, to share. Most of us lived in the same part of town, grew up in old, run down Victoian houses. We all had dirt basements. It was a consensus, the stuff tasted like a dirt basement smelled. After that, I picked up a different beverage once a month. It became a regular "bevy of the month club". Everything was either musty, too sweet, weak, burny or tart. No appologies nailed it!

mews
19th February 2006, 19:07
and had a concrete-floored basement - but I know what you are describing.

I haven't been back in a while - where's the market?

thanks,
mew

joe yang
19th February 2006, 23:27
The market is/was in Fullerton, I think it's still there. It's west of Fullerton Avenue on St. Paul Street, the backway into the Lehigh Valley Mall, across the street from the little park.