PDA

View Full Version : Imai Masayuki Nobukatsu (Hyoho Niten Ichi-ryu)

hyaku
10th March 2006, 03:57
Not really sure where I should put this. But as this man was himself a living history and tradition it's perhaps the best place for it to go.

It is with the deepest regret I have to tell all that Imai Masayuki Nobukatsu 10th Soke of the Hyoho Niten Ichiryu passed away last night.

The wake will be tomorrow, The funeral on Sunday. I have been asked to gather messages of condolence to read out at the funeral on Sunday.

Sorry but I am lost for anything else to write right now.

fifthchamber
10th March 2006, 04:05
My condolences.
I recently watched the Ryuha at the Budokan enbu and was saddened that Imai Sensei was absent..
I am very sorry to hear this.
My deepest regards.
Ben Kitano.

George Kohler
10th March 2006, 04:40
The staff of E-Budo sends our condolences to the Imai family and members of Hyoho Niten Ichi-ryu.

Andrei Arefiev
10th March 2006, 09:11
Deepest condolences to Imai-sensei's family and everybody connected with Hyoho Niten Ichi-ryu on behalf of all budo practicioners in Moscow.

ScottUK
10th March 2006, 14:10
I am very sorry to hear of Imai Soke's passing.

Please accept the deepest condolences from the Midlands-based practitioners of Hyoho Niten Ichi Ryu.

Steve Delaney
10th March 2006, 15:35
My condolences, he will be missed. :(

Rest in peace.

SLeclair
10th March 2006, 16:00
My condolences, Colin. I remember meeting Imai soke at the first seminar you gave here in Canada. He seemed like a great man, even if I only saw him for that short period and couldn't talk to him. He will be missed.

UKPatrick
10th March 2006, 17:12
Colin sensei,

please pass on our condolences to Sokes family.

By chance, tonight is the monthly Niten practice by our practice group, and we will dedicate it to Imai Sokes memory,

Patrick

nicojo
10th March 2006, 18:06
My condolences.

I have sent you a pm Colin.

pgsmith
10th March 2006, 18:55
Colin sensei,
My deepest condolences to you, to his family, and to your school for this tragic loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you for whatever comfort they may bring.
To lose a man of his stature and knowledge is a blow to the entire Japanese sword art community around the world. In this way, we all take a small share of the burden of your loss.

With greatest sympathy,

Paul Smith

Prince Loeffler
10th March 2006, 19:41
on behalf of my Dojo and the South Bay Matsubayashi Ryu, we send our deepest condolence !

allan
10th March 2006, 20:50
My condolences to you and all the members of Hyoho Niten Ichi-Ryu. Now let us take Imai-soke as an example for our own conduct.

Regards,
Al Heinemann, western Canada

Brian Owens
11th March 2006, 04:45
Colin,

My condolences to Imai Soke's family, students, and friends.

In an age where many people seem to want to throw out the past and run pell-mell into the mad rush of the future, he was a shining light; a living testimony to the value of tradition.

My thoughts are with you and yours.

Exorcist_Fist
13th March 2006, 18:42
Condolences.

draego
14th March 2006, 21:07
My condolences for the loss of a gifted teacher and martial artist.

R A Sosnowski
16th March 2006, 23:40
My condolences, Colin. I remember meeting Imai soke at the first seminar you gave here in Canada. He seemed like a great man, even if I only saw him for that short period and couldn't talk to him. He will be missed.
The members of Ryukokan Dojo extend our heartfelt condolances to Imai-soke's family and students. Hyoho Niten Ichi Ryu has lost a great treasure; I too was present at that seminar, and have very fond memories of Soke.

I will offer the playing of "Banshiki" for his spirit during my evening Shakuhachi practice.

IZA
23rd March 2006, 00:27
Condolences to Hyaku sensei and all the members of Hyoho Niten Ichi-Ryu. Farewell to Imai Masayuki Soke

From Hyoho Niten Ichiryu - Philippine Shibu