PDA

View Full Version : Strategies for Running a dojo business & keeping tradition in line

ClydeM
22nd March 2006, 00:09
Does anybody know of resources for running a school where the commercial focus is strong but the traditions remain (NAPMA is not an example of this in my mind). At http://www.downloadkarate.com/index.asp?Sec_ID=280 they have a good startegy article (and some other resources) but would like any other sites that combine business and traditional practice?

Thanks

Mitch Saret
24th March 2006, 19:54
United Professionals is better in my opinion. I used to belong to NAPMA, but information was being regurgitated. UP offers a variety of programs to use the way you like. Website is www.unitedprofessionals.com.

P Miles
26th March 2006, 01:54
Anybody have any experience (pro or con) with MAIA?

TIA!

RobertRousselot
26th March 2006, 07:27
United Professionals is better in my opinion. I used to belong to NAPMA, but information was being regurgitated. UP offers a variety of programs to use the way you like. Website is www.unitedprofessionals.com.

I just went to threir photo album section and they seemed to be connected to the XMA stuff. Check out the "Star Trek" Gis

Kokoro
27th March 2006, 15:32
Been a member of MAIA for several years now, some good information. Personally for my Dojo I use and interact with the EFC, over here in the UK they are very good at dealing with everything while not interferring with how you run the Dojo.

Main thing is whichever way you go, its what you do with the information when you get it that counts.

Mitch Saret
3rd April 2006, 17:38
Originally posted by RobertRousselot

I just went to threir photo album section and they seemed to be connected to the XMA stuff. Check out the "Star Trek" Gis

At their annual convention Mike Chat was there to introduce and hype his program, and of course the uniforms that go with them. It's just one program UP schools can buy. Not a requirement by any means. As a consulting company they are getting information out to the clients. They also have a weight loss program called Lean 'N' Fit by Cliff Lenderman, A training program by Roland Osborne, and others.