PDA

View Full Version : Helene Morrison (Iaido & Jodo Student)

R A Sosnowski
1st April 2006, 23:38
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 08:17:45 -0500
To: Recipients of IAIDO-L digests <IAIDO-L@LISTSERV.UOGUELPH.CA>
Subject: Helene Morrison

It is with great sadness that I have to announce the death of Helene Morrison. She died somewhat unexpectedly yesterday afternoon after battling breast cancer for the last few months. I visited her frequently in the last few months and she spoke often of her joy of practicing Iaido and Jodo and her fond memories of all the friends she had made along the way. She showed an amazing fighting spirit right up until the end.

There will be a visitation for Helene Morrison at the Murray E Newbigging Funeral Home in Toronto (733 Mount Pleasant Rd) this Sunday April 2 from 2-4 and 7-9pm. The obituary is listed in the Toronto Star and e-mail condolences can be made through the website.

Carole Galligan

The senior members of the Shutoken (Capital Area) Jodokai extend out heartfelt condolences to Helene's family and friends. We all knew Helene from Iaido and Jodo in Guelph, Ontario, in the late 1990's. She will be missed.

I attempted to get to the Toronto Star on-line to look up the obit., but was unable to locate it.

--Raymond Sosnowski
Capital Area (Shutoken) Budokai President

R A Sosnowski
2nd April 2006, 04:02
Carole Galligan kindly supplied me with the obit. link: Helene Morrison (http://www.torontostarclassifieds.com/NASApp/OLCSApp/do/attribute_search_side?categoryName=DEATHS&classId=008&attri_1=morrison&detail=true&sort=none&pages=10&keyword=helene)