PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Morris (Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu)

gmanry
4th April 2006, 02:09
Glenn Morris passed away this past Saturday. To be sure he was a popular/controversial personality in the Bujinkan sphere. I didn't know him personally, but his books were certainly interesting and spurred my interest in the Bujinkan.

I just thought people here might like to know.

gmanry
4th April 2006, 02:11
I want to issue a possible caustionary note. It was April Fool's day on Saturday. At the expense of all concerned, check this story out before you take it as fact.

kennin
4th April 2006, 12:12
Sheesh... that would be a VERY rude April Fools Day joke...

kage110
4th April 2006, 12:29
Sadly not an April Fool's joke - though maybe Glenn is having the last laugh at our expense. I will miss him...

Hugh

R Erman
4th April 2006, 13:25
Is this absolutely confirmed?

Does anybody know what was the cause of death?

I haven't seen or talked to Doc Morris in about six or seven years so I have no idea if he had any major health problems.

Harlan
4th April 2006, 14:44
On the other lists that Mr. Morris participated on, it is clear that he died in his sleep.

May we all be so lucky.

Larry Hairgrove
4th April 2006, 15:59
A friend told me it was sunday 02 APR 2006 when Mr. morris passed.He was in Lake Charles La.With all due respect.

gmanry
4th April 2006, 16:09
I thought it was extreme for an April Fools Joke, but the original post I saw was dated 4/1/06 and I wanted to make sure.

I offer my condolences to his family and friends.

kennin
4th April 2006, 16:23
My sincere feelings towards the family and acquaintances.

kage110
4th April 2006, 19:07
Is this absolutely confirmed?

I haven't seen or talked to Doc Morris in about six or seven years so I have no idea if he had any major health problems.

I chatted briefly with his wife today. It is confirmed. As far as I know this all happened very suddenly as he was still planning seminars for this summer as of last week.

Jason Chambers
4th April 2006, 21:30
Condolences to the Morris Family...

Although I never met Mr. Morris personally, I had a few conversations with him via email. He was a very nice and interesting person.

Larry Hairgrove
5th April 2006, 08:31
It is verry sad to loose a brother

JLawrence
6th April 2006, 17:53

According to the hoshinchat on yahoo, it was a heart attack.

MakotoDojo
6th April 2006, 21:03
My thoughts go out to his family, friends and students.

I feel he made many people very happy.

Godspeed Mr. Morris.

siphus
7th April 2006, 02:15
Not that it makes any difference, but the actual cause was a stroke, according to people VERY close. He was supposed to be here in Richmond next week. Although I'm pretty sure training with him would have been a no-no, I've always wanted to meet him.

RIP

steve schoen
14th April 2006, 00:39
Early this morning Dr. Glenn Morris, founder of Hoshin Jitsu, author of
several martial arts and meditation books and member of the Bujinkan, died
at home of natural causes.

I do not have any information regarding funeral arrangements but his body is
at Johnson Funeral Home in Lake Charles, LA.

Respectfully yours:

Prof. Robert (Robin) V. Martin
Founder Goshin-do Aikijujutsu

Please meditate and pray for the family.

JLawrence
14th April 2006, 01:07
It was actually 4/1/06 from what I read on the hoshinroshi ryu forum, and it was due to a heart attack. Anyone feel free to correct me if I've made an error.

steve schoen
14th April 2006, 02:16
It was actually 4/1/06 from what I read on the hoshinroshi ryu forum, and it was due to a heart attack. Anyone feel free to correct me if I've made an error.

Sorry for the late post. I just lost a friend also this week so I am behind the times.....

George Kohler
14th April 2006, 02:21
I merged two threads together.

steve schoen
14th April 2006, 02:24
Thanks George. I didn't see that it was already posted. Train hard and remember the "spirit" that Sensei Morris gave us.