PDA

View Full Version : Where has all the respect gone?

krtemt
7th April 2006, 03:48
I thought as martial artists we are supposed to respect people? I know my sensei in karate thought was to respect other people as well as other styles. But as i looked through some of the topics it has become a my style is better than your style. I feel like we are kids again playing mine is bigger then yours. I wonder how many people that research a style before joining have been detered from the style they want because of all the bickering and arguing?

But thats my opinon, lets discuss this. Where has all the respect gone?

Prince Loeffler
7th April 2006, 04:32
I suggest you spent sometimes reading all the stuff posted here. Why don't you point the link that made you that led you to start this post.

krtemt
7th April 2006, 04:45
http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33487

That is one of the reasons.

Prince Loeffler
7th April 2006, 04:51
http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33487

That is one of the reasons.

Are you related to any of the parties involved ?

krtemt
7th April 2006, 05:11
No i am not

Prince Loeffler
7th April 2006, 05:15
No i am not

That's good Chris ! Just asking that's all. So why does that thread bother you so much ?

krtemt
7th April 2006, 05:22
Well thats just one thread sir. There are others. That one bothers me because as a beginning martial artist we are thought to respect one another, but in that thread and in others i haven't seen much respect.

Prince Loeffler
7th April 2006, 05:38
Well thats just one thread sir. There are others. That one bothers me because as a beginning martial artist we are thought to respect one another, but in that thread and in others i haven't seen much respect.

Well Chris, sometimes martial artist are just human beings. The journey we take in the martial arts is never a smooth and straight road ahead. But most of all, sometimes we have no idea where our journey ends or direction in which we are supposed to take.

Chris, its good to know that your Sensei taught you the importance of respect. As Budokas, We develop great respect for other budokas of whom we consider exemplary and lose respect for those we discover to be frauds and wannabe's; We may also believe that, at some point, all martial artist are worthy of respect regardless. It is within ourselves to know who we respect or not.

krtemt
7th April 2006, 05:45
I thank you for having a discussion with me, and not an argument. Its what i was looking for, and you sir are worthy of respect.

Prince Loeffler
7th April 2006, 05:51
I thank you for having a discussion with me, and not an argument. Its what i was looking for, and you sir are worthy of respect.

Thank you for the kind words ,and You are very welcome Chris. Enjoy the rest of the Forum.