PDA

View Full Version : Intensive Training.

MoppyPuppy
8th April 2006, 03:00
I'm gonna keep it simple.

What can all of you tell me about intensive training.

Who can get it.
When you can get it.
And most importantly, what you have to DO to get it. And stuff like that.

I'll settle the WHERE, when I have more details.

mews
8th April 2006, 03:30
are you thinking about the uchi-deshi kind of thing?
depends on who you are training with. Sometimes you have to be introduced, apply, interview, & sell your soul, and sometimes you can just sign up...

Have you read Angry White Pyjamas ? I think here in the States it was marketed with the Amurricun spelling - pajamas - I remember seeing it in Barnes & Noble.

If you can find a school with a lot of classes, you could probably put together a program of your own. just obsess a lot.

mew

MoppyPuppy
8th April 2006, 04:48
just obsess a lot.

mew

Don't think that'll be a problem...

This thread is an extension of my "3 months" thread.
If I get that 3 months, I'm going to Japan.

I'm not stereotyping, I just HAPPEN to be going to Japan. Not exclusively to learn martial arts, FAR FROM IT. I just need something to do on my spare time.

The whole thing is just a "visit my aunt see what its like sorta trip."
But I think it could be something more.

I could take a class that takes place every sunday night...
Take the 4 weeks in each month, multiply by 3, take the sunday out of all of those, and you get what... 12 sessions?

That'd be retarded.

Anybody see where I'm going with this?

I dont expect even to know most of what I start doing, but I know that I could probably learn alot.

mews
9th April 2006, 00:59
ah, that's why I said find a place with lots of classes - maybe the Kodokan Judo program?? [ help me out here, people with Japan experience... ]

a.m. classes, noon classes, night & weekend classes.

Find another place to sit in a hot bathtub and whimper.

enjoy!! :rolleyes:

mew

Fred27
11th April 2006, 09:42
Don't think that'll be a problem...

This thread is an extension of my "3 months" thread.
If I get that 3 months, I'm going to Japan.

Heh..I wouldn't mind a 3 month trip to Japan and train in Nishioka-sensei's dojo in Tokyo. Good luck to you mate. :)

Joe Saunders
31st July 2006, 14:28
I second the motion for the Kodokan. If you manage to go to every training session for 3 months, you'll have some idea on the basics of judo. I plan to do it myself at some point.