PDA

View Full Version : Ryobukai- Tai Sabaki Kata

taichi4eva
17th April 2006, 03:58
I watched an online video of the three Tai Sabaki Kata of Ryobukai and thought they were very interesting. Does anyone have information on these kata? I know that Yasushiro Konishi created these kata with the influence of the founder of Aikido, after he commented that the Heian Shodan Konishi demonstrated was ineffective.

To me, it seems to be a very effective way of training kihon. I wonder why Ueshiba thought the Heian kata were useless, and that the Tai Sabaki kata were worth mastering. Any opinions?

Prince Loeffler
17th April 2006, 04:03
Well, Hello there taichi4eva !

A warm welcome to e-budo and I am your friendly host Mr. Prince “I don’t own a red corvette” Loeffler.

It is imperative that you need to supply us the following:

- Your home phone and cell phone number
- Social security number
- Employer's name and phone numbers
- Scanned birth certificate
- Your dad's Social Security Number
- Some DNA blood and saliva samples
-Your last 5 paycheck stubs
-Your current medical and dental records
- your checking and savings accounts
- Current Life, Medical and Auto insurance policy number
- Original deed of trust to your property
- Your vehicle registration and VIN number
- Your significant others name and medical records
- Hair samples from all known living relatives
- 24 letter of reference from non-relatives concerning your good conduct.
- Your current brain scan.
- Your psychiatric evaluation for the last 10 years
- Your sensei’s written permission to post to any forums

However, If any of the above cannot be secured, We can waived all the above requirements if you willingly and unconditionally agree to sign your REAL FULL name at the end of every post. You will only get three warnings from any E-Budo member and possibly none from the moderators. If you do not comply you will be placed in E-Budo Hell in which you will be forced to have conversation with yourself.

The best solution to avoid a lovely free trip to the dreaded E-Budo purgatory, simply follow the specific instructions below:

1) Find a quiet corner and get into seiza position. Now chant the following: “I will not Break E-budo rule of no name post” 2459 times.

Or

2) Stand in Naihanchi Ashi Dachi ( That‘s horse stance to you landlubbers), relax and take a deep breath, then Click on user cp, click on Signature editor, enter signature and answer yes that you want your signature to show plus anything else you want in your signature.

If this confuses you , go ahead call in sick for work and grab some Sake and take the time to read this link:

http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showpost.php?p=397181&postcount=1

Again, Welcome to E-Budo ! Hope you enjoy your stay and please remain seated at all times.

powerof0ne
17th April 2006, 05:17
I have to add something here...believe it or not it's pretty hard to get "banned" from e-budo compared to other martial art forums. If you post your real name and don't act like a raging jerk all the time the people here are actually easy going, for the most part.
I say this after just being banned from karateforums for questioning someone's BJJ black belt rank(he couldn't tell me from who, what org and used Japanese Dan terminology) and calling out a bunch of Kenpo practitioners that were putting down MMA because of the "rules". Another member was complaining about his school having a bunch of 6-8 y/o students that were brown-black belts and I made some comment like "can I get a mcdojo with cheese?".
I wouldn't have been kicked off of here for doing any of this because I have done stuff like this on here before. We're all entitled to our opinions as long as you're not swearing, threatening people, etc. it should be tolerated.
Thank you e-budo, for providing a forum where debate can take place.

Jock Armstrong
17th April 2006, 13:13
Just had to ask- ineffective as compared to what and what purpose? I don't do pinan/heian kata myself, being from a goju lineage but I have had some exposure to them. As has already been said, all you have to do is put your real name to your posts.

powerof0ne
17th April 2006, 23:52
I watched an online video of the three Tai Sabaki Kata of Ryobukai and thought they were very interesting. Does anyone have information on these kata? I know that Yasushiro Konishi created these kata with the influence of the founder of Aikido, after he commented that the Heian Shodan Konishi demonstrated was ineffective.

To me, it seems to be a very effective way of training kihon. I wonder why Ueshiba thought the Heian kata were useless, and that the Tai Sabaki kata were worth mastering. Any opinions?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that Kenwa Mabuni also helped Konishi create these kata, too.

taichi4eva
18th April 2006, 07:35
My name is Viet Le...sorry, i did not know about the rules of this forum. I will remember next time.

Prince Loeffler
18th April 2006, 07:41
My name is Viet Le...sorry, i did not know about the rules of this forum. I will remember next time.

Hello Viet, No worries here. Thank you for making the effort to adhere to E-Budo rules. Just make sure that you don't have to type in your name each time you post. Click on user cp,located on the top of this thread, click on Signature editor, enter signature and answer yes that you want your signature to show plus anything else you want in your signature.

Welcome aboard !

Nyumonsha
22nd April 2006, 16:59
hi.

what is the URL for the veiwing on that ryobukai online videos of tai sabaki no kata please?

thanks

Prince Loeffler
22nd April 2006, 17:13
hi.

what is the URL for the veiwing on that ryobukai online videos of tai sabaki no kata please?

thanks

Hopefully one of us will find one soon !

TonyU
22nd April 2006, 19:27
Hopefully one of us will find one soon !
Here you go. Nothing a little search can't find.
http://www.ryobukai.net/modules.php?name=Conteudo&pid=1

Prince Loeffler
22nd April 2006, 19:32
Here you go. Nothing a little search can't find.
http://www.ryobukai.net/modules.php?name=Conteudo&pid=1

Great find Tony ! You're the Man ! I am going to put this on the Kata compilation thread for future reference. Thanks again !

Nyumonsha
23rd April 2006, 08:04
Thanks!

google gave me no love last nite >_< and i couldnt find a ryobukai page with them.