PDA

View Full Version : Kenjustu in Melbourne

Haiiro
17th April 2006, 07:12
Hi all,
Just thought I'd ask if anyone knew of a reputable Kenjustu school in Melbourne. I’m looking for somewhere to restart my training, formerly being trained in Iaido, and thought I’d look into this as a possible companion art.
Appreciate any help you can offer,

Tharanga Basnayake
Melbourne, Australia

Alex Dale
17th April 2006, 21:56
Liam Keeley is based in Melbourne, I believe. He's trained in Tatsumi-ryu heiho and Toda-ha Buko-ryu. I don't remember the URL, but there is a website that has listed all the Aussie koryu groups.

Hope that helps!

Dean Whittle
18th April 2006, 04:31
Tharanga,

Here's the website that lists koryu in Australia - www.geocities.com/koryu-bujutsu/

The link that I had for Liam Keeley's dojo in Melbourne (www.schoolofmartialarts.com.au) only mentions Karate and Kobudo, nothing about Tatsumi ryu heiho or Toda-ha Buko ryu naginata. Does anyone have any more updated information?

All the best with your search.

With respect

Brian Owens
18th April 2006, 05:43
...The link that I had for Liam Keeley's dojo in Melbourne (www.schoolofmartialarts.com.au) only mentions Karate and Kobudo, nothing about Tatsumi ryu heiho or Toda-ha Buko ryu naginata. Does anyone have any more updated information?
Mr. Keeley is a member here, and has mentioned Tatsumi Ryu & Buko Ryu.

If you would like more information you may be able to get his E-mail address from a Member Search.

HTH.

Michael Mason
25th April 2006, 20:26
Howard Quick-Sensei has a Shinkendo dojo in Victoria, (Altona?) not sure how close to Melbourne...
http://www.users.bigpond.com/hquick/
I will ask him tonight (he is in New York for our seminar, so you may want to give it a week before emailing or calling...;))

Michael Mason
26th April 2006, 16:08
Mr. Basnayake,
I asked Howard-Sensei about his distance relative to Melbourne... He is IN Melbourne. :)
Having spent several hours with him yesterday, including training, I am more confident in my recommendation now. He is a quality individual and a great teacher who knows his stuff. For more info about Shinkendo in general, go to www.shinkendo.com .

-Michael Mason

Haiiro
29th April 2006, 09:15
Thanks all for the suggestions. I will be seeking these schools out soon.
Tharanga

Howard Quick
10th May 2006, 23:14
Hi Michael, thanks for the praise.
Hello Mr. Basnayake. As MIchael pointed out, our dojo is located in Altona.
If you wish to get in touch with me you can call me on 93692741 or 0419476421.
Good luck in your search