PDA

View Full Version : Announcing: Shinto Muso-ryu jo in Philadelphia

Derek Steel
5th May 2006, 03:56
Announcing: Shinto Muso-ryu jo in Philadelphia

Hello fellow budoka. I am a practitioner of Shinto Muso-ryu jo, a classical Japanese martial art based on the use of short staff. I have trained in this tradition since 1993 under menkyo kaiden Philip Relnick (www.shinto-muso-ryu.org for further information), both in Japan and the United States. I have recently relocated to Philadelphia, PA and would like to start a jo group in the area. Interested parties are invited to email Derek Steel <dsteel@shutokukan.org> for more information. No experience is necessary, just seriousness and enthusiasm.

Thank you,
Derek Steel

Chuck Clark
5th May 2006, 05:28
Derek,

Best of luck in Philly. Drop in and see us at the Jiyushinkan if you get out to Phoenix.

Best regards,

Fred27
5th May 2006, 07:44
Announcing: Shinto Muso-ryu jo in Philadelphia

Hello fellow budoka. I am a practitioner of Shinto Muso-ryu jo, a classical Japanese martial art based on the use of short staff. I have trained in this tradition since 1993 under menkyo kaiden Philip Relnick (www.shinto-muso-ryu.org for further information), both in Japan and the United States. I have recently relocated to Philadelphia, PA and would like to start a jo group in the area. Interested parties are invited to email Derek Steel <dsteel@shutokukan.org> for more information. No experience is necessary, just seriousness and enthusiasm.

Thank you,
Derek Steel

All the best mate! :)

Diane Skoss
5th May 2006, 13:10
For what it is worth, I've worked with Derek for years, both professionally at Aikido Journal, and in the dojo. He knows his onions...

Cheers!

Diane Skoss

Kendoguy9
5th May 2006, 14:56
Hey Derek,

I hope everything is well with you. Maybe when you have some time off some of us from Baltimore can come up and visit and train with you! Philly is only an hour and a half away.

Keep in touch!

Ron Tisdale
5th May 2006, 16:58
Derek,

Welcome to Philadelphia! I hope you enjoy your stay here. Please feel free to contact me by PM anytime you might be free to get together. I trained with/under you a few times at Kondo Sensei's seminars...I hope you remember me.

Best,
Ron

Phil Hobson
5th May 2006, 18:24
Welcome back to the States, Derek. Best wishes on the Jo group.

Phil (still not a church) Hobson

Eric Montes
6th May 2006, 00:05
All the best Derek!

Hope things are going well for you out there

Eric

will
6th May 2006, 05:01
I will echo everyone else in wishing you luck. Look forward to training with you, again.

Anyone that has the chance to train with Derek on a regular basis will be in good hands.

don
6th May 2006, 17:35
Wish I could be there. Like Ron, I met you at Kondo seminars.

Best of luck with it.

Derek Steel
8th May 2006, 05:55
Hey All,

Thanks much for the welcoming words and hellos. Good to hear from everyone. I see that all the usual suspects are still kicking around these message boards! With any luck I will be rejoining you in the budo world, now that I've returned from a bit of a hiatus while I went off to culinary school. I'm still getting oriented to new life in Philly, but I'm sure things will all fall into place eventually. Keep in touch, yah?!

Derek Steel

Earl Hartman
9th May 2006, 00:50
Hey, Derek. Thought I'd join the others in welcoming you back. Maybe we'll see each other at a seminar somewhere.