PDA

View Full Version : change/evolution of training, BJK to JK

Mark Brecht
7th December 2000, 14:40
Dear Manaka Sensei,

thank you very much for joining us here, and for giving us the opportunity of this exchange. I truly appreciate it.

Originally posted by Fumio Manaka
As to your question about differences between the Jinenkan and the Bujinkan and Genbukan, I know nothing about the Genbukan, and I don't really know anything about the Bujinkan in recent years either.

Manaka Unsui
[/B]

From your statement above, i assume that the training in the Bujinkan changed. Could you be so kind and briefly describe how your training in the Bujinkan was on the beginning and how do you feel that it changed during your time under Hatsumi Sensei. Also how is this approach and essence different to the current Jinnenkan teachings.

‚Ç‚à‚ ‚肪‚Æ‚²‚¢‚´‚¢‚Ü‚·

Mark Brecht

Fumio Manaka
8th December 2000, 13:46
When I began training, I was only taught punching, kicking and ukemi for three years. After a few years I was taught kata as well. In the Jinenkan I stress those same basics.

Manaka Unsui

geosync
8th December 2000, 14:17
Originally posted by Fumio Manaka
When I began training, I was only taught punching, kicking and ukemi for three years. After a few years I was taught kata as well. In the Jinenkan I stress those same basics.

Manaka Unsui

Manaka Sensei,

What solo methods do you recommend for developing the skills of punching and kicking? What types of equipment should one use during their solo training? Do you think that the use of a boxing heavy bag is realistic since people usually have their feet on the ground and are not swinging in the air.

Thank you,

Fumio Manaka
9th December 2000, 13:47
Various targets can be used for practice, but they need to be soft enough that you will not damage your hands.

Manaka Unsui