PDA

View Full Version : aikidoka

autrelle
7th December 2000, 19:58
what training advice would you give to an aikido person to help improve their study of aikido? and what strategic advice would you give to a a person who (hypothetically) had to do a match against an aikido person.

thank you very much for your time and consideration.

truly.

Daniel Pokorny
7th December 2000, 21:34
Advice to question:

A. Practice, practice and more practice.

B. Don't.

Actually, your question is rather open ended. Can you converge on a specific area?

Dan P. - Mongo

Eric Baluja
7th December 2000, 21:44
Thanks for your assistance, Mr. Pokorny, but the question is directed to the guest in this Spotlight on Budo forum, Lt. Col. Fumio Manaka (i.e., Manaka Unsui Sensei).

I thank you for understanding, :wave:

Eric Baluja

Daniel Pokorny
7th December 2000, 22:00
Originally posted by Eric Baluja
Thanks for your assistance, Mr. Pokorny, but the question is directed to the guest in this Spotlight on Budo forum, Lt. Col. Fumio Manaka (i.e., Manaka Unsui Sensei).

I thank you for understanding, :wave:

Eric Baluja

Please forgive me. I was totally in the wrong thread here. I'll try getting some sleep and try again......

Bowing very deeply!

Dan P. - Mongo

Eric Baluja
7th December 2000, 22:08
No problem, and thank you again. :smilejapa

Eric Baluja

Fumio Manaka
9th December 2000, 13:41
In Japan we say "Sensei wo erabe" ("Choose your teacher well"). This is my best advice. Against an aikido person I would be sure that my joints (wrists, elbows, shoulders) could not be caught.

Manaka Unsui

autrelle
9th December 2000, 17:12
thank you for your prompt and exacting reply. and thanks again for your time here on e-budo.

truly,