PDA

View Full Version : ANNOUNCEMENT: PLEASE READ!

Eric Baluja
7th December 2000, 22:58
1) Questions will be accepted until midnight (U.S., Eastern Time) Friday, December 8, 2000.

[Just to be clear, I mean 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) December 8. ;) ]

2) All replies will be posted by the end of the weekend, i.e., Sunday, December 10, so keep checking this site.

3) Manaka Sensei will have some parting comments which will be posted with the last reply, so now you have two reasons to keep checking.

4) I should have warned you that Manaka Sensei can be very...terse. In my experience, his tendency is to answer questions that you think would require a lot of exposition in two sentences, while going on about seemingly "yes/no" questions.

My impression (please note this distinction) is that Sensei places more value in actually walking the path than talking about the path. I believe that the subtext for some of his answers could be, "Ask your teacher," a phrase we often repeat in discussions on E-Budo. As you all know, the teacher-student relationship is indispensable to actually understanding Budo, and internet discussions are no substitute for this relationship.

I'd like to personally thank everyone who has participated in this discussion for your sincere, thoughtful and respectful questions. Keep 'em coming!

Eric Baluja

[Edited by Eric Baluja on 12-07-2000 at 07:41 PM]