PDA

View Full Version : any dojos near abilene tx?

Samurai_Johnny
22nd May 2006, 08:15
Im trained in only a few basics of Kenjutsu but the basics mean nothing except how to hold the sword and stuff like that I want to learn to use to sword.

Prince Loeffler
22nd May 2006, 08:57
Im trained in only a few basics of Kenjutsu but the basics mean nothing except how to hold the sword and stuff like that I want to learn to use to sword.

We love to help ! However, Before we can response to your inquiry , Please allow me to kindly remind you are in violation of E-budo rules regarding the name posting policy. Therefore, either you need to supply us the following:

- Your home phone and cell phone number
- Social security number
- Employer's name and phone numbers
- Scanned birth certificate
- Your dad's Social Security Number
- Some DNA blood and saliva samples
-Your last 5 paycheck stubs
-Your current medical and dental records
- your checking and savings accounts
- Current Life, Medical and Auto insurance policy number
- Original deed of trust to your property
- Your vehicle registration and VIN number
- Your significant others name and medical records
- Hair samples from all known living relatives
- 24 letter of reference from non-relatives concerning your good conduct.
- Your current brain scan.
- Your psychiatric evaluation for the last 10 years
- Your sensei’s written permission to post and participate in any MA related forums

However, If any of the above cannot be secured, We can waived all the above requirements if you willingly and unconditionally agree to sign your REAL FULL name at the end of every post. You will only get few warnings from any E-Budo member if you are lucky and possibly none from the moderators. If you do not comply you will be placed in E-Budo Hell in which you will be forced to have conversation with yourself.

The best solution to avoid a round all expenses paid trip to the dreaded E-Budo purgatory, simply follow the specific instructions below:

1) Find a quiet corner and get into seiza position. Now chant the following: “I will not Break E-budo rule of no name post” 2459 times.

Or

2) Stand in Naihanchi Ashi Dachi ( That‘s horse stance to you landlubbers), relax and take a deep breath, then Click on user cp, click on Signature editor, enter signature and answer yes that you want your signature to show plus anything else you want in your signature.

If this confuses you , go ahead call in sick from work and grab some Sake or a cold John Adams or if you are under 21, grab some milk and cookies and take the time to read this link:

http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showpost.php?p=397181&postcount=1

Again, Welcome to E-Budo ! Hope you enjoy your stay and please remain seated at all times.

Charles Mahan
22nd May 2006, 15:20
Ok that's gotta be one of the most dedicated reminders to sign your full name that I've seen :)

He's right though. The bit he put in red text is the important bit.

All that said. I'd suggest contacting Walt Bushey in Lubbock. I know that's a little distant, but he has a number of study groups spread about the region out there. He might have one in Abilene.

The next closest I can get for you is way the heck over here in Denton(a little north of DFW).

Texasmic
22nd May 2006, 16:30

I live in Baird, and work at Dyess. No one I'm aware of in Abilene teaches Kenjutsu or Kendo. The nearest people I have found are in Dallas.

Larry Fields over at the Academy of Martial Arts on Judge Eli has kendo bogu on his wall, but he has no idea how to do kendo. I think he went to Dallas or of Ft. Worth once and went to a class with the Korean woman who teaches there. Sorry I don't recall her name, but I hear she is good.

Good luck and if you find anyone near I would be interested too.

My email is texasmic1@yahoo.com

Thanks

Samurai_Johnny
22nd May 2006, 21:10
k thanks for the help.

Charles Mahan
22nd May 2006, 23:45
Here's the link to the dojo in Lubbock.

http://katsujin.org/komeijuku.htm

devourment77
23rd May 2006, 23:43
I am a member of the Texas Komei Jyuku dojo and train under Walt Bushey Sensei. If you do not mind the hike to Lubbock, he would be more than happy to talk with you (or you can sit in on a couple classes).

If you go to the site Mr. Mahan posted above, you can find contact information for Bushey Sensei. Feel free to shoot him an email or phone call.

kakuma
24th May 2006, 00:23
Hello,

I am the Dojo-cho of the Jinenkan Butoku Dojo located in Lubbock, Texas. If you don't mind the drive every so often. We also have kenjutsu classes twice a week at our dojo. We have a workshop this weekend dealing specifically with the teaching of Kukishinden Ryu Happo Bikenjutsu.

You can visit our website for more information at www.jinenkan-butoku.com (http://www.jinenkan-butoku.com). Or our head instructors website in Noda City, Japan www.jinenkan.com (http://www.jinenkan.com)

We also have a satellite training group located in Frisco, Tx. For more information please feel free to contact me.