PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Schools

Eric99
29th May 2006, 19:00
I was hoping that I could get a little help about something. I live in San Diego and am looking for a Ninjutsu Dojo. I have heard of a Dojo by Jon Warren. Is he the real deal?

Is there any other schools in the San Diego area?

Eric Barone

Evan London
30th May 2006, 13:00
I was hoping that I could get a little help about something. I live in San Diego and am looking for a Ninjutsu Dojo. I have heard of a Dojo by Jon Warren. Is he the real deal?

Eric Barone

There are no Jinenkan dojos in S.D, but we do have a member there who I know would love a training partner to teach. if you're interested, PM me.

Ev

Akaoni
1st June 2006, 03:53
http://www.winjutsu.com/winlinks.html

Prodigal Son
1st June 2006, 05:29
Can't wait to see the feedback you get on this one.....

.........to answer your question.....keep looking.....

kennin
1st June 2006, 05:42
Google gives me "http://www.sandiegobujinkan.org/" when I search on "San Diego" and "Jon Warren".
Jon Warren is Bujinkan, so he is genuine. Rule of the thumb says: Bujinkan, Genbukan and Jinenkan are the only three organisations that might be offering genuine ninjutsu, if any.
So this guy is neither an Ashida Kim worshipper, nor is he from the stables of Ron Duncan, Frank Dux, Rick Tew or Koga Ryu and he is not trained by "an old, unknown Japanese who is the very last to teach the old ninjutsu school of "Whatever Ryū" only to him.
That doesn't say anything about his "quality", of course, but THAT you have to find out yourself, Eric.
Maybe he's awesome, maybe he is awefull... I don't know the guy.
Go there, be thrown around and throw around other people and see if you like it. That's your very best bet! Nobody can, should or -hopefully- will intervene there.

oneroundleft
2nd June 2006, 11:20
ERIC99,

Check your PM's, I sent you a message. Also, read sticky FAQ 5/2/06. thanks.

DWeidman
6th June 2006, 23:04

Eric Barone

If you are looking to be a ninja - then Jon is your guy (or conversely - check out the Temple of the Full Autumn Moon (www.tfam.com)) - as they are the only "ninja" in San Diego.

If you are looking for a dojo that isn't full of (insert crazy ninja music here and smoke bombs) - then check out Jeff, Morgan, Lance, or Mike. If you don't know who they are, let me know and I will steer you in the right direction.

Or you could train with Jon. Training with him is like training with 12 Japanese Shihan at the same time. :-) Remember, your training started as soon as you heard his name. Send payment and application first, and then you will be deemed worthy for entrance (no seeing before paying)... Oh, and ask him about his instructor (not Hatsumi sensei -- his instructor(s) before he was godan). Then ask him if it is ok to contact them to see what they have to say about him...

Or Rev. Phelps. Remember, the 5th mountain is by invitation only.

;-)

Enjoy. May your choices be good ones.

-Daniel Weidman