PDA

View Full Version : New Dojo in the Midlands, UK

ScottUK
18th June 2006, 21:48
Dear fellow budoka,

I just thought I’d drop a notice into the various forums (fora?) that we have a new practice group for iaido & kenjutsu in the West Midlands (UK). We have run a Hyoho Niten Ichi Ryu kenjutsu group for the last 12 months and recently decided to add our iaido (seitei & MJER) practice to the group, under the umbrella of the British Kendo Association. No charge is made for the practice – only a small fee to help with room hire.

The dojo URL will be added to the BKA’s website in due course, and if anyone is interested in stopping by to say hello or for a little practice, you are more than welcome. We are about 15 minutes from junction 10 of the M6 motorway (about 10 miles north of Birmingham).

Please take a moment to view our website - any feedback will be highly appreciated.

http://www.heijoshin.co.uk

Kind regards,

Scott
Heijoshin Dojo

Maro
18th June 2006, 22:04
Good luck. Nice to see it spreading.

Andy Watson
18th June 2006, 22:13
Hey Scott

Doesn't Heijoshin mean the mind of upper farting?

Just wanted to check....

Love

ScottUK
18th June 2006, 22:18
I take back everything I have ever said about you. Except the sheep/goats thing.

Thanks for the help on Saturday, btw. Really helped big time... :)

Andy Watson
19th June 2006, 09:48
De nada.

(Message of course too short)

UKPatrick
23rd June 2006, 23:17
Scott,

congratulations on last nights class, and good luck with the three new students who turned up, BUT.......

please put up signs or even a searchlight. Even my computer generated route took me over an hour to find your dojo, and I only live about twenty miles away.

Patrick

ps It was good to see Sam back in action, hope his leg holds out.......

ScottUK
24th June 2006, 09:17
Hehe, coming from Mr Driving Miss Daisy... :D

Dave Humm
24th June 2006, 09:36
Congrats Scott on the new dojo, together with a great looking and informative website.

Regards

saru1968
24th June 2006, 11:02
HI Scott

What nights are you training on? times etc?

Walsall is only 25 mins up the road from me.

cheers

ScottUK
24th June 2006, 11:09
Hiya Gary,

Thursdays 7:45 to 9:45. Drop me a PM when you fancy coming along...

Fred27
24th June 2006, 11:40
Great site! If I'm ever in the UK I'll drop by for a few short classes :)

Sam(urai)
24th June 2006, 16:12
ps It was good to see Sam back in action, hope his leg holds out.......
Thanks Pat, I do to :D I'm due for an operation anytime soon so hopefully they can 'rebuild' me ;)

It was good to see you, hope to see you agian soon, we'll have to come to you one of the days :D

Peace my budo bretheren

UKPatrick
27th June 2006, 12:18
What a thought - a rebuilt Sam.

Being from Walsall, will that make you the £6 man???????

Sam(urai)
27th June 2006, 12:42
OOOOOHHHHHHH!!!! £6 thats stretching it, I think it's still covered by shillings and pence :D

Steve Delaney
27th June 2006, 20:40
OOOOOHHHHHHH!!!! £6 thats stretching it, I think it's still covered by shillings and pence :D

I can throw a couple of farthings & ha'pennies your way if ya want. :D