PDA

View Full Version : Delete Account?

Noodles
22nd June 2006, 01:51
I haven't been here in a while and don't intend to keep posting. The FAQ doesn't seem to be much help- can someone help me out by deleting this account and all of its attendant posts?

I'd appreciate it.

George Kohler
22nd June 2006, 02:20
Sorry, no deletions. That was stopped last year after a few members requested their acccounts to be deleted and then coming back as different people. We ended up having more trolls as the result of deleting accounts.

Noodles
22nd June 2006, 03:27
In that case, the FAQ says that you can use the edit button to delete posts, but I'm not seeing an edit button. Any chance you can help me with deleting my posts?

Edit: On all my old posts I'm not seeing it, anyway. Apparently it shows up fine for new ones.

william northcote
22nd June 2006, 09:07
In that case, the FAQ says that you can use the edit button to delete posts, but I'm not seeing an edit button. Any chance you can help me with deleting my posts?

Edit: On all my old posts I'm not seeing it, anyway. Apparently it shows up fine for new ones.

this may be due to the 15 minute rule regarding posted threads. It was out in place to stop people going back days later and re-editing their posts so it made them look better. As long as a re-edit is done within the 15 minutes, then you can change your posting.