PDA

View Full Version : Posting Ninpo Book info

Joe Maurantonio
10th December 2000, 17:59
Hello John (all)

Hope all is going well and that the holidays will be warm and happy for you and yours... Was wondering if you could answer a question I have:

Where am I permitted to mention info regarding NINPO: Wisdom for Life (by Hatsumi) ?

There are several places that seem appropriate-
THE DOJO - Clothing and Supplies
NINPO - Ninpo and Ninjutsu
NINPO - Bujinkan
EBUDO MARKETPLACE -

One of the newest features we are testing out is the ONLINE PayPal method of Credit Card acceptance...

Your help in this matter is appreciated.

Regards,
Joe

Steve Williams
10th December 2000, 18:21
Hi Joe

This issue can sometimes lead to a hot bed of flaming or deletion :D

If you are just posting info about the book then put it anywhere.
If you are posting info with regard to selling the book (i.e. new book by Hatsumi, its great, get it from joe@wisdom...life.com) then it may be more of a problem.

I would have said put it in the Marketplace, to be on the safe side maybe PM or e-mail Mark Brecht to see his opinion as he sells a lot here at e-budo.
I say PM or e-mail since it will probably get a quicker response.

Hope this is of help :D

MarkF
11th December 2000, 09:19
The "Media Forum" may be the ideal place. You can mention the book, say what you wish about it (in a review-like manner), where it's available, etc. Keep the post brief, though, and the No Commercial Advertising rule of this forum, may apply.

That said, Steve is correct in the difference in "informing members" of the book's availabilty and outright "pushing," but depending on how it is announced may be of concern.

This is touchy with most moderators, so John, if he is out there, should answer the question.

Personally, I see no problem if you just post a link to it. No price advertised.

Mark

John Lindsey
11th December 2000, 09:34
I can set up up your own forum like Ellis has. That way, we could actually discuss the book as well.

Joe Maurantonio
12th December 2000, 02:54
Hi John,

Might be nice to set the book up like Mr Amdur's. What
would I need to do?

-- Joe

Mark Brecht
12th December 2000, 13:47
Dear Joe,

John will be out of town until Wednesday i think.

Btw, i had several inquiries about your book and i gave people your link.

Hm, i got feedback that people dislike that they have to order 3 books at least if it goes international. You might want to reconsider that.

Paypal, go for it. We just signed up with them, so i have really no experience yet with them, but i think they provide a good service and have reasonable fees.

John probabaly does not need anything from you to set up the forum. Actually mabye a scan of the book, he can put it up in the left corner instead of the ebudo logo.

Joe Maurantonio
12th December 2000, 20:39
Mark,

Thank you for the info and input. AND steering people my way. :) That was very kind of you. Of course, I totally understand why people feel that buying 3 books for international orders is a bit much, but it costs over $10 to mail these items internationally (they often arrive 4 or 5 days after my mailing)... With PayPal, I am now offering the option to only buy two copies (instead of three). ON many occasions I've sent out single copies. As one of my teachers is found of saying, "case by case."

I actually have a cool jpg that I'll send John when he gets back.

Thanks so much!
Joe

PS Paypal does seem good... Time will tell.