PDA

View Full Version : Training Opportunity in Minnesota

TimJurgens
13th July 2006, 05:50
Hello all. I will be traveling to Mankato Minnesota from the 25th to the 7th of August to attend a wedding. While there I will be introducing Shorinryu Karate and Ryukyu Kobudo at a local club. If you are interested in training together please let me know. I teach for free and would be willing to travel a reasonable distance to teach at a school in the area. I am trying to perk interest in Kobudo in the Midwest for some time when I will eventually move back there. I can and depending on who can come around will cover the following topics.

Kihon
Shorinryu Kata
1-2 Fukyukata
1-5 Pinan
1-3 Nihanchi
Passai
Tomari Passai
Seisan
Chinto
Chinti
Kusanku Sho and Dai
This covers the entire kata set for Shinbukan Shorinryu.

Kihon
Shushi no Kon Sho and Dai
Sakugawa no Kon Sho and Dai
Yonegawa no Kon
Maezato no Tekko
Maezato no Nunchaku
Akamine no Nunchaku
Chikenshitahaku no Sai
Chatanyara no Sai
Hamahiga no Sai
Kojo no Sai
Hamahiga no Tonfa
Kanegawa no Tinbe
Kanegawa no Nichogama
This is the required set of Kata up to 4th Dan.

Obviously people will need to demonstrate proficiency in the Kyu, and shodan - nidan Kata before higher level kata would be worked on. If you are interested in getting together please drop me a mail at

tim.jurgens@ryukyu-kobudo.com

TimJurgens
14th July 2006, 05:16
Sorry from the way I wrote it the dates may not be clear. The dates are 25 July to 7 August.

upnorthkyosa
14th July 2006, 15:30
Too bad you are way down in Mankato. I'm up here in the Twin Ports, Duluth/Superior. Will you be traveling about MN during your time here?

TimJurgens
17th July 2006, 03:35
If we could meet somewhere in the middle that might work. Duluth is a bit of a hike from Kato. If you know someone in MSP area that would be willing to share some floor space that would be good. If they were willing to join in that would be even better.

TimJurgens
27th July 2006, 14:07
We had our first training class last night. Covered punching, kicking,and blocking fundamentals as well as some pointers on how to make Kata a little more crisp.