PDA

View Full Version : Jujutsu in northern California

martialx
16th July 2006, 18:03
Hi,

I am moving to northern california, specificly the bay area, and am looking for a tradional japanses jujutsu school to train. I have also looked at Shorinji-Kempo, but want to keep my options open.

Can anyone recomend a good dojo

Thanks

Rob Alvelais
17th July 2006, 04:46
You have loads of Danzan Ryu out here. Schools with solid lineages from Sig Kufferath, Bud Estes, Bill Montero and others are here in the Bay Area. Also, you have some Small Circle out here as Mr. Jay was HQ'd out of Alameda.

Rob

Hi,

I am moving to northern california, specificly the bay area, and am looking for a tradional japanses jujutsu school to train. I have also looked at Shorinji-Kempo, but want to keep my options open.

Can anyone recomend a good dojo

Thanks

martialx
17th July 2006, 16:14
Awsome,

Thanks for the info. I will be sure to check out both styles. however how do they differ.

thanks again

Rob Alvelais
17th July 2006, 17:12
Awsome,

Thanks for the info. I will be sure to check out both styles. however how do they differ.

thanks again

I would not know. I'm a karate guy. These guys do have good reputations however.

Rob

tddeangelo
18th July 2006, 03:18
Joseph,

I posted to your other thread about how they differ/resemble each other.

For Danzan Ryu dojo, you can check out www.danzan.com and/or www.ajjf.org/dojos.html (specific to AJJF Danzan Ryu, of course).

You are moving all but to the mecca of DZR....your options are many and varied.