PDA

View Full Version : old pictures: Takeuchi Ryu

allan
17th July 2006, 07:16
Hey folks,

I was looking at a website which Wayne Muromoto gave 'shout outs' to last year and found a cool collection of old pics of Takeuchi Ryu.

These are from the website of Takeuchi-ryu trainee Andrew Antis, who now teaches in the Bay-area.

http://www.goldengatemartialarts.com/pics/koryupics/classic/

Happy Summer,
Al

Prince Loeffler
17th July 2006, 07:25
Wow ! Good finds ! I wish there were captions , but looks good and thanks for sharing.

allan
17th July 2006, 07:49
Hey you're welcome. Maybe someone can provide a little background info (names and such). Here's hoping...

Al

ChrisMoon
17th July 2006, 09:11
I could be wrong but those look like pictures from the Nisshinkan Dojo of the Bichu-den line. I am pretty sure the man in this picture, is the previous headmaster: http://www.goldengatemartialarts.com/pics/koryupics/classic/takeuchia.jpg

Steve Delaney
17th July 2006, 09:55
I could be wrong but those look like pictures from the Nisshinkan Dojo of the Bichu-den line. I am pretty sure the man in this picture, is the previous headmaster: http://www.goldengatemartialarts.com/pics/koryupics/classic/takeuchia.jpg

Yes, those look like pictures from The Nisshinkan's website, where Nakayama Shihan teaches.

fifthchamber
18th July 2006, 00:33
Hmm..My PC won't let me see the pages for Mr. Antis' site from here or at home..
I take it that these are the black and white pictures from the Nisshinkan Dojo site?
Regards.

Steve Delaney
18th July 2006, 01:37
Hmm..My PC won't let me see the pages for Mr. Antis' site from here or at home..
I take it that these are the black and white pictures from the Nisshinkan Dojo site?
Regards.

Yes Ben, they are the B&W photos along with some older ones. A picture of nogiri as well.

ChrisMoon
18th July 2006, 04:28
You guys are killing me, got a link to the Nisshinkan site?

Hi Ben. Hi Steve. Ben I will email you the pictures tonight for your viewing unless they are all on the site.

fifthchamber
18th July 2006, 04:46
Hi Christopher,
Please do, if they aren't the same as those on the link I sent to you then I'd like to see them!
The nogiri shot may be the one from the first page of the site right Steve? Fully leaned back, straightened front leg? That was the former head of the Nisshinkan Dojo, who passed away sadly last year.
Regards.

ChrisMoon
18th July 2006, 08:09
Ben,

I just checked the link you pmed me and it looks like all the same pics. Looks like fun...

fifthchamber
18th July 2006, 08:13
Cool..Then the pictures are all of Nakayama Sensei and the Nisshinkan Dojo..Demonstrating various bits of the Takeuchi Ryu..
Still wish I could see Mr. Antis' website though..Oh well..
My regards..And thanks for checking for me!
(Oh..And I think October is stunning..And you're luckier than I... :p )

allan
18th July 2006, 18:01
Ben,

You'll get your chance to see that website but I will describe it a little for you (as it's very simple). It consists entirely of photos; mostly the photos are of he and his students performing kata (also some taiji) and then there is the section of photos which I mentioned (apparently from the Nisshinkan site). Bare bones but interesting nonetheless.

Regards,
Al

fifthchamber
19th July 2006, 00:33
Thanks Al,
I missed meeting Andrew as he left Japan to return home to the States just before I joined the Ryuha a couple of years ago..I have seen several photos of him demonstrating at the various enbu we hold here so I would guess that the photos on his website are more of the same, it would be interesting to see what he now does in San Fransisco though..Thanks for the description.
My regards.