PDA

View Full Version : Kenjutsu/Iaijutsu In Central California

M.Clay
19th July 2006, 01:10
Hello,

I had heard second hand that there is a Kenjutsu Dojo In Central california. I was wondering if any body has any idea of how to find it. I've done all the searchs I can think of and have had no luck.

M Shook
4th August 2006, 14:37
I lived in Avila Beach for six years and I was never able to find any swords arts other than short-lived classes by folks with "there own style". Santa Barbara and Monterey are about how far you will have to travel for professional instruction.

If you know San Luis Obispo at all there is a kick boxing gym on Suburban Rd off of S. Higurea which has a study group for Japanese sword, well there was 6 months ago when I left anyway, The guy that runs it is a nice guy and by no means clams to be a master in any way, which was nice.

Its as good as your gonna get I think.

Good luck in your search.

M.Clay
5th August 2006, 00:58
I lived in Avila Beach for six years and I was never able to find any swords arts other than short-lived classes by folks with "there own style". Santa Barbara and Monterey are about how far you will have to travel for professional instruction.

If you know San Luis Obispo at all there is a kick boxing gym on Suburban Rd off of S. Higurea which has a study group for Japanese sword, well there was 6 months ago when I left anyway, The guy that runs it is a nice guy and by no means clams to be a master in any way, which was nice.

Its as good as your gonna get I think.

Good luck in your search.
Thanx for the response, but that's too far away it would be a 2&1/2 to 3 hour drive...but thank you anyway, Mike

Brian Owens
5th August 2006, 06:16
...I had heard second hand that there is a Kenjutsu Dojo In Central california.
I don't know if you're looking for a specific koryu kenjutsu school or not, but since your thread title included "Iaido" you might want to contact these folks. If nothing else they may be able to help you in your search.

This info may not be current, but is from my database as of 2001:

Hokushinkan Chiba Dojo of California
5699 E North Ave.
Fresno, CA

Fresno Kendo Dojo
2300 S. Willow
Fresno, CA

HTH.

M.Clay
5th August 2006, 15:46
I don't know if you're looking for a specific koryu kenjutsu school or not, but since your thread title included "Iaido" you might want to contact these folks. If nothing else they may be able to help you in your search.

This info may not be current, but is from my database as of 2001:

Hokushinkan Chiba Dojo of California
5699 E North Ave.
Fresno, CA

Fresno Kendo Dojo
2300 S. Willow
Fresno, CA

HTH.Thank you I would like to train with Otani sensei, but he only trains on saturadays and my executive chef won't let loose of me on those days...in the off season I will contact him again. Thank you for your response