PDA

View Full Version : International Taikai 2001 Info

Anders Pettersson
12th December 2000, 20:01
Gassho.

WSKO Hombu has just posted some info regarding details of the International Taikai 2001 in Paris.

There is two pdf-files of the same letter that have been sent to all Shibu-cho (branch masters) over the world.

You can find the info on the WSKO homepage;
http://www.shorinjikempo.or.jp/wsko/calender.html

Or you can go directly to the pdf-files from here;
http://www.shorinjikempo.or.jp/wsko/Schedule.pdf
http://www.shorinjikempo.or.jp/wsko/Participation%20Fees.pdf

Also note that this event is <B>only</B> open to WSKO members.

Steve Williams
12th December 2000, 23:55
Thanks for the links Anders

All branches should have the information by now (sent to branch masters/ coaches)

Please note: All applications, number of attendees not payment, must be recieved by the organisers (address on form) by the 31st December this year so don't delay, send it today :D

Anders Pettersson
20th December 2000, 09:18
Gassho.

Just found out via mail from Hombu that there was a mistake in the info sent out concerning the costs of Accomodation and meals during the Taikai. (The same mistake is in the pdf-files that are linked in my previous post.)

The cost of <B>Package A</B> be should be <B>38 000 yen</B> not 40 000 yen.
And the cost for <B>Package B</B> be should be <B>35 000 yen</B> not 37 000 yen.

Anders Pettersson
22nd December 2000, 10:58
Gassho.

Just realized that on the pdf-files, on WSKO homepage, there is a <B>later</B> date set as the last application date. (Didn't read it that carefully since I have the info on paper sent from Hombu).

<B>The application should be sent in through your branch or federation to Tokyu Tourist Corporation to reach it by <U>January 31, 2001</U>.</B>

Gary Dolce
27th December 2000, 22:06
Anders,

Thanks for the information. I am a little confused about the 2 dates given for when the applications need to be in. Has anyone checked with Hombu to confirm that Jan. 31, 2001 is the real deadline (instead of the 12/31 date given in the letter)?

On a more general note, I am curious about planned attendance among the Kenshi that post here. Time and expense will likely limit attendance from my Branch to only one person (not me unfortunately). I have been shocked at air fares to Europe that time of year - more than the cost of going to Japan! But I am sure that the turn out among European Kenshi will be very high.

Steve Williams
27th December 2000, 23:43
Originally posted by Gary Dolce
Anders,

Thanks for the information. I am a little confused about the 2 dates given for when the applications need to be in. Has anyone checked with Hombu to confirm that Jan. 31, 2001 is the real deadline (instead of the 12/31 date given in the letter)?
Hi Gary
I recieved a letter from Hombu this morning (posted on 19th December to all branch masters) that confirmed the date of 31st Jan.
So it is all confirmed, but it does state quite clearly that no applications recieved after that date will be entertained (so don't be late!!).

On a more general note, I am curious about planned attendance among the Kenshi that post here. Time and expense will likely limit attendance from my Branch to only one person (not me unfortunately). I have been shocked at air fares to Europe that time of year - more than the cost of going to Japan! But I am sure that the turn out among European Kenshi will be very high.

I will certainly be attending along with about 6 or 7 members of my branch, it is unfortunate that not many of you (Americans) will be there, but you now have another month to save..so maybe.........

Anders Pettersson
28th December 2000, 00:17
Anders,

I have checked with Hombu and got an answer via e-mail just the other day and got the date confirmed.
And as Steve wrote a letter have been sent out to all branches. We should probably be receiving it any day, I guess the mail can be late in X-mas times.

Sorry to hear that you can't come to Paris Gary.
But it could be interesting to know how many of the kenshi posting here that will go to Paris.
Maybe we should have an "e-budo member meeting" along with all the other meetings. :)

As for myself I will go, and we will probably be around 6-8 kenshi from my branch.
Totally from Sweden maybe something around 40 kenshi (from 7 branches).

Anders Pettersson
19th February 2001, 09:37
Gassho.

So since the date of last application was 31 of January I guess most of you know if you are going or not. :)

I sent in the application for the kenshi from the Swedish Federation and we will be 50 kenshi, from all branches in Sweden.

I really hope to see many of you there, so who of you that regularly post here will be in Paris?

Anders Pettersson
22nd February 2001, 20:51
Originally posted by Anders Pettersson
I really hope to see many of you there, so who of you that regularly post here will be in Paris?
Just bumping this question to the top.

At least some of you must be going to Paris, or?.

hsuntzu
22nd February 2001, 22:20
Hello Anders.

Yes, I'll be there. There's about 15 or so kenshi going from San Francisco. I don't have the exact number because my branch master (Harada-sensei) tallied the official number for submittal to Hombu.

See you there!

Gassho,

Steve Williams
22nd February 2001, 22:34
Hi Anders

Yes I will be there, with 5 others from my branch.
I know there are a lot of others coming from UK, 6 from Acton (I teach there as well) and over 30 from Southampton University branch........

There are others but as yet I don't know numbers.

See you all there.

Can we schedule an e-budo meeting (well ok not a meeting but more a piss-up :toast: )

John McCulloch
23rd February 2001, 14:32
Gassho,

Toronto Branch is sending 9 people.

We look forward to seeing you all again!

Best regards,

Phong Nguyen-Le
27th February 2001, 05:02
The Taikai is coming up pretty soon, so good luck to those of you who will be participating.

I don't know about the other Shorinji Kempo Branches in Australia, but within the Brisbane and Gold Coast Branches, none of our members will be attending the Taikai this year.

So cheers and have fun.
Phong Nguyen-Le