PDA

View Full Version : paying dues...

Anne Marie
13th December 2000, 00:22
What are the common different policies on paying dues?

Is it a one time thing or yearly? And do people have consequences for not paying dues such as losing rank?

What do you think is a good and bad practice?

I was just wondering because of some past experiences in my old school.

Thanks.

Anne Marie Giri

(P.S. What I mean by dues are the organizational/national dues you pay not the fees for regular training.)

[Edited by Anne Marie on 12-12-2000 at 07:28 PM]

Nacho
13th December 2000, 03:13
In my school (Aikikai, I.A.F. affiliated) there is one yearly payment for expenses of the national federation, it's about $100 U.S.D. First time students are required to pay it along their first monthly fee. There is no automatic sanction if you miss one payment (Sensei is a good-natured, tolerant man), however we feel this behavior in unpolite and fellow students constantly badger the ones who don't pay. If they fail to pay 2 or 3 months in a row they're dismissed from the school.

Ignacio "Nacho" Jaramillo Moreno

Monster
13th December 2000, 19:44
I am a member of the U.S. Chung Do Kwan Association. Basically its a yearly fee of $25 dollars. If you dont pay you cant get certified. The fee is paid usually when you firs sign up. However some instructors are known to pay the fee for their students.

Steve Williams
13th December 2000, 20:01
Hello to "Monster", welcome to e-budo (please sign posts with your full name as is forum policy, easiest to add it as a signature :D )

In answer to the question in hand:
I belong to the British Shorinji Kempo Federation, (part of the World Shorinji Kempo Organisation) we pay a yearly fee for the organisation, this is (at present) £25.
This fee covers federation membership and basic third party insurence cover (would seem that this is an important part of MA training, more important in the US?).