PDA

View Full Version : Kenjutsu/Iaijutsu on Vancouver Island.

Exäme Neffaß
11th August 2006, 07:43
I've been wanting to join a sword arts dojo for some time now, but I've moved recently, and now I've really no idea where there would be one.

Could someone help me out?

Charles Mahan
11th August 2006, 14:51
Vancouver Island is a pretty big place. Check this site. http://www.iaido.ca
There is a thriving Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu group in the area which studies under Ted Davis-sensei(7dan) and Esaka Seigen-sensei(10dan). This group is affiliated with the ZNIR/Seitokai line which is led by Ikeda Takashi-soke.

Sochin
11th August 2006, 16:43
U Vic.

Where are you?

allan
14th August 2006, 04:51
Ted Davis is an excellent practitioner of Muso Jikiden Eishen Ryu and a very serious and solid teacher. Esaka sensei has been making yearly trips to either Victoria or Vancouver (he alternates). Ted also has two students who teach together. I don't believe that you will find any other teacher unless you go for the ninpo stuff and then I would recommend asking in the appropriate forum.

By the way, Ted also teaches kendo at UVIC, along with Hayashi sensei. He (Ted) is an old school type of kendo teacher and what he teaches is very good.

If you are not in Victoria then I suggest checking the website already mentioned as there was a fellow teaching up Island.

Good luck,