PDA

View Full Version : Vacations for Dojos

Dan Keding
30th August 2006, 21:51
Neighbors,

I wanted some feed back about vacations. When do you close for holidays? Is it certain ones or do you take most legal holidays off? Do you close down in between Christmas and News Year's Day?

If you are closed down for a holiday do you offer a class for students to make up the time they lost? If bad weather keeps you from opening the dojo do you offer make up classes?

The dojo where I study seems to take quite a few days off - this weekend they'll be closed Saturday and Monday to honor Labor Day. They also close down most legal holidays, the weekend after Thanksgiving and for about two weeks around Christmas/New Year's Day. Is this normal?

I was just trying to get an idea from other dojos how they approach the holiday issue.

respectfully,

Prince Loeffler
30th August 2006, 22:12
Neighbors,

I wanted some feed back about vacations.

1)When do you close for holidays? Is it certain ones or do you take most legal holidays off? Do you close down in between Christmas and News Year's Day?

2) If you are closed down for a holiday do you offer a class for students to make up the time they lost? If bad weather keeps you from opening the dojo do you offer make up classes?

3) The dojo where I study seems to take quite a few days off - this weekend they'll be closed Saturday and Monday to honor Labor Day. They also close down most legal holidays, the weekend after Thanksgiving and for about two weeks around Christmas/New Year's Day. Is this normal?

respectfully,

Hi Dan

1) We do not normally closed on the day of the Holiday. If fact many of my students would prefer it this way because a majority does not have to go to work. Since classes is only one hour long it does take a lot of time. This week's Labor Day falls on Monday, The dojo may be closed but several students are allowed to train and take advantage of the time off .

2) No we don;t because we are rarely close for Holidays. Being in California , its hard to recall when the last time the Dojo closed because of the weather condition, we were closed for several days due to major elctrical repair at the dojo.

3) We are definetly closed 2 days Christmas and New Year and classes will resume on the second day.

Hope this helps !

Mark Murray
31st August 2006, 01:38
Neighbors,

I wanted some feed back about vacations. When do you close for holidays? Is it certain ones or do you take most legal holidays off? Do you close down in between Christmas and News Year's Day?

If you are closed down for a holiday do you offer a class for students to make up the time they lost? If bad weather keeps you from opening the dojo do you offer make up classes?

The dojo where I study seems to take quite a few days off - this weekend they'll be closed Saturday and Monday to honor Labor Day. They also close down most legal holidays, the weekend after Thanksgiving and for about two weeks around Christmas/New Year's Day. Is this normal?

I was just trying to get an idea from other dojos how they approach the holiday issue.

respectfully,

Hello Dan,
Our dojo closes for most legal holidays. We only have two regular classes per week, mondays and wednesdays. So, we've started a Sunday morning class as a sort of make-up class for those who couldn't make the weekdays or to fill in for holidays. We don't have class every sunday, but try to have 2-3 a month.

Bad weather usually does close the dojo.

We don't have classes until next wednesday for the Holiday. But that sort of fit everyone's schedule anyway. :)

Last year, we were closed from Christmas to after New Year's Day. I don't know what the schedule for this year will be. Have to sit down and discuss it when it gets close to that time.

Mark