PDA

View Full Version : Sori, Great Wave Chen?

MichaelDurr
15th September 2006, 02:40
Hello,

I would like to know if any one knows if the "Great Wave" formerly known as the "Tsunami" Katana has enough Sori for Batto-Do. The pictures I have seen make it look like it harkens back to the katana of the 14th century.

Thank you for your time,

Cebu
15th September 2006, 10:49
Anyone, should begin (and probably end) with your instructor. They have the best input on whether a particular sword meets your needs, and when you'll be ready to use it. Best of luck in your training.

Regards,

John

MichaelDurr
15th September 2006, 13:59
[QUOTE=Cebu]
Thank you John,

He has a Chen "Musashi" and a Chen "Tiger". I won't be cutting for a while yet but "Santa" wants to do something nice for himself this year. I have a pretty nice Iaito, but was thinking I could make the "Wave" a wallhanger until the time came. Or I can Spoil myself w/ a real nice Iaito for about a $100 more.
I'll be seeing Sensei tommorow and I'll see what his move would be.

Thanks again.
Just kinda feel'in around abit and looking for info on my pics.

Cebu
15th September 2006, 18:43
I'd keep my eye open on the classifieds over at Sword Forum International. Loads of good deals going through there lately. Best of luck with your holiday goodness.

John

MichaelDurr
15th September 2006, 19:49
[QUOTE=Cebu]I'd keep my eye open on the classifieds over at Sword Forum International. Loads of good deals going through there lately. Best of luck with your holiday goodness.

Thank you John, I'll check it out.