PDA

View Full Version : Stomach Stabbing

BeginnerDavid
20th September 2006, 11:11
I remember seeing a wood-cut of a technique where a swordsman who has been attacked from behind by an assassin stabs himself upwards through the stomach, right up to the tsuka of his sword, and impales the assassin in the heart.

While this is not a technique I plan on practicing, can anybody tell me its' name? It seems quite symbolic of something that's going on at my work at the moment!

Andy Watson
20th September 2006, 13:14
Phukuit waza?

MichaelDurr
20th September 2006, 13:45
Phukuit waza?

He,he Thats Rich!! Love It.

Douglas Wylie
20th September 2006, 18:24
Is that from an anime??

I love the waza where Droopy the Dog grabs the enemy and smashes him side to side about a half a dozen times. He exhibited great ki and zanshin. Truly an example for all.

Enfield
21st September 2006, 00:25
Such an act is depicted in "Ronin" by Frank Miller. It's a comic book.

Are you sure it was a wood-cut print?

Liam Cognet
21st September 2006, 01:59
That technique is used in a video game called Tekken by a character named Yoshimitsu.

BeginnerDavid
21st September 2006, 11:23
It appears I may have been strung along. The image I was thinking of was a black & white reproduction of what looked like a genuine Japanese wood-cut, though it may have been a hoax.

I may be new to this, but I do know the difference between a wood-cut and anime!

rottunpunk
21st September 2006, 13:46
is there a picture on the net of it somewhere?
:p

yoj
21st September 2006, 14:00
I can see the caption:

"This is going to hurt me more than it is you"

Trevor Johnson
22nd September 2006, 01:45
I can see the caption:

Highlander-fu, sounds like!

My preferred caption would be, "Time for a piggyback ride!"

Brian Owens
4th October 2006, 07:31
I remember seeing a wood-cut of a technique where a swordsman who has been attacked from behind by an assassin stabs himself upwards through the stomach, right up to the tsuka of his sword, and impales the assassin in the heart.

While this is not a technique I plan on practicing, can anybody tell me its' name? It seems quite symbolic of something that's going on at my work at the moment!
Aiuchi. Mutual slaying.

Of course there is no formal name for such a technique, because it would not exist in the curricula of extant ryu. To see why, consult any anatomy book and look at such structures as the decending aorta, pancrease, kidneys and adrenals, etc., etc., etc.

WillsZenith
9th October 2006, 13:15
I can see the caption:

Hmmm maybe ' Im going to die, but hey! I didnt drop my kissaki!'

Fred27
9th October 2006, 13:26
Aiuchi. Mutual slaying.

Is also the name of a female japanese pop-artist and/or super-model. :rolleyes:

ScottUK
9th October 2006, 13:33
Hmmm maybe ' Im going to die, but hey! I didnt drop my kissaki!'Is that the punishment Mr Devine gives out these days? :D

WillsZenith
10th October 2006, 14:32
LOL! No just the 'toes under' t-shirt and a menacing glare...

ScottUK
10th October 2006, 14:40
Hehe, nice one - say hi to him from me... :)

WillsZenith
10th October 2006, 14:44
No problem , will do , im sure he will stray onto this thread and make me pay in the dojo , sigh.....

ScottUK
10th October 2006, 15:04
Especially if I PM him... :D

Tony D
15th October 2006, 15:58
Hi Scott.
James the new T shirt's at the printers.....Metsuke up, back straight.
It was a toss up between that and ....Why are you looking at me instead of your opponent?

It seems a bit severe to stab oneself just to get the opponent, when there's plenty of forms that cover the instance of an enemey from behind. And anyway, how do you carry out the chiburi afterwards!
I'd like to see the picture though.

Andy Watson
15th October 2006, 17:14
Tony

Ochiburi is possible straight after the stab but it does involve you launching yourself sideways across the room.

Andy