PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Dojo in Tokyo

Sam Ridler
4th October 2006, 12:35
Hi,

I am looking for a Iaido Dojo which trains on either Sunday or Monday in the Tokyo area.

Can anyone help?

Eric Spinelli
4th October 2006, 15:23
1) Read the sticky above this post.
2) Follow the directions of said sticky

When that has been accomplished, please consider this: Tokyo is a big place full of many exciting and interesting people who teach many, many different things. Some of them even happen to teach martial arts. Asking for "somewhere in Tokyo" is about as far away from being specific as you can get. Well, without deliberately trying. Same goes for "iaido." Not exactly meaningful considering the scope of things.

So, as politely as I can:
Who are you? Where are you from? What are you doing here? What is it you're looking to do? And why should I help you? <smiley deleted by the Coalition for the Remote Possibility of a Literate 21st Century>

Sincerely,
That Guy (TM)

carl mcclafferty
5th October 2006, 05:20
http://www12.plala.or.jp/ujinari/index.htm

Sam
See this site for Sekiguchi Ryu Iai in Tokyo

Carl McClafferty

Chidokan
6th October 2006, 14:01
I have a contact for a dojo on the railway out to the airport, its not far from the local train station as well....Honda sensei runs it, 7th dan MJER, his wife helps out (5th dan) and its a nice little class with english speakers in it. The club is linked into the ZNKR if you already do seitei iaido, however Honda sensei is also a member of the Roshukai group for his MJER style. Worth a visit. If you are interested in going pm me, and I will let you know telephone numbers etc....

Sam Ridler
7th October 2006, 01:29
I have studied the Shinden & Jikiden styles of Iaido but as I am only a Ikkyu grade It would not be too much of a change for me to adapt to a different style.

As meantioned my main concern has been trying to find a iai dojo open on my days off (Sunday/Monday). I have had several people from my ryu suggest dojos over here to me but none of which train on my free days.

For location, It would be ideal if the dojo is located on the Musashino line between Minami-Urawa and Shin-Kiba or in central Tokyo somewhere around the main ring Yamanote line. But as long as its near a train station I should be able to navigate myself there.

bushikan
7th October 2006, 03:03
How long are you going to be in tokyo? I have a contact on in
Mugai ryu Iai Hyodo, Muso Shinden ryu Iaido, and several other styles if your looking just for Iaido. Also how is your Japanese? The places I might recommend, the teachers dont speak english too well. Also do you have equipment if not I know of two places you can go to buy a good iaito.

renfield_kuroda
7th October 2006, 10:28
If you want to do Mugairyu Iaihyodo, Meishi-ha, Honbu Dojo is in Nihonbashi, and we have practices all over Tokyo and Chiba, at least 2-3 classes every night of the week in different places.
Let me know if you're interested.

Regards,

r e n

Ames
10th October 2006, 00:44
Mr. Kuroda

Do you know of a Mugai group in Osaka?