PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Shinkage Ryu dojo in Japan.

Kikentai
12th October 2006, 18:44
Hi.

In December I will be in Japan for first time. So, I want to visit same traditional place, like Yagyu Mura ( Yagyu village )and Yagyu dojo. Maybe same of you was there and can help me with an address of yagyu dojo.

Thank you

Andy Watson
12th October 2006, 19:18
Kikentai

Please sign your posts with your full name as per the rules.

Whereabouts in Japan will you be going? Europe's best relationship with Shinkage Ryu is through Matsuoka sensei. Shinkage Ryu is not the same as Yakyu Shinkage Ryu, Kage Ryu, Shinshinkage ryu or any other variants.

Are you sure you know which it is you are looking for before I provide contact details?

Regards

Kikentai
12th October 2006, 20:06
Hi Andy

I know the difference between shrinkage ryu, yagyu shrinkage ryu or kage ryu. For me the main point is Yagyu Shinkage ryu.
I will arrive in Osaka for beginning.

thank you

Dragos Chiric

Alex Dale
12th October 2006, 22:13
The Owari Yagyu Shinkage-ryu heiho has a group in Osaka. For more information here is our homepage:

http://www.interq.or.jp/sun/shibata/yagyu-official/

Regards,

Brian Owens
13th October 2006, 05:55
Hi.

In December I will be in Japan for first time. So, I want to visit same traditional place, like Yagyu Mura ( Yagyu village )and Yagyu dojo. Maybe same of you was there and can help me with an address of yagyu dojo.
If by "yagyu dojo" you mean the dojo in Yagyu Mura, it's a small place, and anyone in the village should be able to tell you where it is.

My understanding is that it's a Kendo hall now, and no longer a school of (Yagyu) Shinkage Ryu.

Still an interesting place to visit, I would think.

Kikentai
13th October 2006, 06:26
Hi Alex

Thank you for the web address, but it is in Japanese only :nin: and I don’t know this language. If you can give me the address of Owari Yagyu Shinkage-ryu from Osaka, it will be very nice.

Hi Brian

Yes, I want visit the old Yagyu dojo from Yagyu Zato. It is the place where many famous swordsman have practiced.

Dragos Chiric

Joris
23rd October 2006, 11:33
The official web site of the Yagyukai in Nagoya, headed by Yagyu Nobuharu sensei, is http://www.interq.or.jp/sun/shibata/yagyu-official/. Hope this helps.

Brian Owens
23rd October 2006, 20:54
The official web site of the Yagyukai in Nagoya, headed by Yagyu Nobuharu sensei, is...
Alex already posted that link (on the 12th), and Kikentai posted that he can't read it, because it's in Japanese.

But thanks for trying.

Joris
24th October 2006, 06:36
Sorry! Check, cross check, double check... I know the Yagyukai was working on the English translation in 2003, but maybe they changed plans. It is very hard to find any other sources devoted to the main Yagyu Shinkage ryu hyoho lineage, ànd in English...