PDA

View Full Version : Ten-Ryu katana

murphy
16th October 2006, 22:07
Hi all,

Does anybody have any experience with this katana?
Or the Oni Forge company?

http://www.oniforge.com/8001.html

Regards,
Murphy

murphy
18th October 2006, 19:59
54 views and no opinion?

Was this a stupid post or is there simply no knowledge on the question?

ScottUK
19th October 2006, 16:23
What did your sensei think of this sword? I assume you asked him/her first?

cxt
19th October 2006, 16:39
Nope, not a "stupid post."

Just don't own a sword from that forge.

Until people look---they don't actually know what your question actually might be.

My best guess is that the folks that have checked so far, also do not own a weapan from that forge--50 people scattard all over the world, is really not that many folks.

You might try over on:

www.swordforum.com

As well.

gmanry
19th October 2006, 17:27
I have handled my own sword which was a custom 32" nagasa bushi katana from oni forge and their special edition ukigumo. The ukigumo is fold forged and handles very, very well. My sword is a bit larger and handles well but its blade is not as high a quality of the ukigumo.

The ukigumo is an excellent cutter and is very well balanced for conventional iaido.

I cannot speak directly to the sword you mention, but I can attest that oni forge is putting out quality work.

murphy
19th October 2006, 20:35
My sensei told me to "feel" the sword speaking.
Basically meaning handling it...

In addition there are some basic rules in regards to length, weight, balans etc... which you all know.
SO, I started a quest to learn as much as I can and (with Respect) pick up swords whenever the opportunity arises. Many brands, many makers but any information is more then welcome so why not ask a forum for remarks.
THX for your feedback!