PDA

View Full Version : Katori Shinto Ryu in Perth, Western Australia

Maro
17th October 2006, 02:23
This morning I was standing in the coffee shop, waiting for my coffee when I read something interesting. Of all the journals to read about a Katori Shinto Ryu Dojo in, the Magazine from the Weekend Australian was not one I would have thought of!

I can't remember the guy who was profiled but he was an Aussie Businessman I think. This is his Australian Sensei's website

http://www.keishinkan.net/

Definitely interesting reading at the coffeshop for a change - lots of nice glossy photos of practice. :)

Andy Watson
17th October 2006, 11:39
Aaah, it's got pickies of my Auntie Loi there. Good to see she's keeping busy down under.

JAnstey
17th October 2006, 12:31
... i was wondering which of our pommie mates was gunna notice Dr Loi lee first.

And no, you can't have her back!!!

Andy Watson
17th October 2006, 17:31
Hehe...we are already digging our tunnel through the planet to nab her, drug her (again) and bring her back.

She is sorely missed, UK jodo especially has become a bit fractured since her departure.

Maro
17th October 2006, 23:21
Just curious as to how long their website has been up. It's good.

Did you catch the pictures in the Magasine Jason? Very nice spread - normally these sort of articles only have a couple of pictures but this one had lots.

JAnstey
18th October 2006, 01:05
Hi Mat,

No I didn.t see the paper last week, bummer! I might see if I can track it down.

Cheers

Jason

Maro
18th October 2006, 07:54
Shame - I meant to nab it but forgot in my rush for Coffee. You could give the publisher a call. I tried searching on their online page but you have to pay :rolleyes:

JAnstey
18th October 2006, 08:14
yea, that's the problem I read all my news online on SMH so sometimes ya miss out on tabloid stories.

Oh well.

thanks for the heads-up anyway.

Nii
23rd October 2006, 13:58
Has anyone actually trained there before? How is it? I plan to join soon as it is about an hours drive south from here.

Eternalnothing
18th January 2014, 04:00
There's another Katori Shinto branch in Perth also. Mochizuki ha, which has had a continual presence since the mid 1970's. Still continueing through the Shuntoshutokai Kobudo group.

www.shuntoshutokai.blogspot.com

Mochizuki ha resembles the main line of Tenshin Shoden ha more closely but not exactly. Mochizuki has a slightly different line. The Kieshankan group is Sugino ha.

This morning I was standing in the coffee shop, waiting for my coffee when I read something interesting. Of all the journals to read about a Katori Shinto Ryu Dojo in, the Magazine from the Weekend Australian was not one I would have thought of!

I can't remember the guy who was profiled but he was an Aussie Businessman I think. This is his Australian Sensei's website

http://www.keishinkan.net/

Definitely interesting reading at the coffeshop for a change - lots of nice glossy photos of practice. :)

Maro
29th January 2014, 05:43
Always interesting to re-read your own posts from 8 years ago!

kenkyusha
13th March 2014, 12:52
Mochizuki ha resembles the main line of Tenshin Shoden ha more closely but not exactly. Mochizuki has a slightly different line. The Kieshankan group is Sugino ha.
Umm, the most recent post on your website refers to the honden as 'Otake-ha'... this is not wholly appropriate.

Be well,
Jigme