PDA

View Full Version : The people in the E-budo.com logo

Fred27
17th October 2006, 08:02
Well the question is self-explainatory :). I'm simply curious, I cant recognise any of them..although the guy on the left looks like a Meiji-era reenactor of a samurai from the Edo-period.

yoj
17th October 2006, 09:26
3rd in from the left Is Toshitsugu Takamatsu I believe, second from left I recognise, but can't place, which is irritating, thanks Fred ;-) and the dude on the right has got to be someone from aikido/daito stuff, but there isn't really much facial detail, a young Ueshiba perhaps?

Andy Watson
17th October 2006, 10:18
Search the forum chaps, this has already been answered and discussed long ago although I can't remember who was who.

Fred27
17th October 2006, 11:16
Search the forum chaps, this has already been answered and discussed long ago although I can't remember who was who.

I did a few searches..obviously not many enough :p

yoj
17th October 2006, 11:22
Me neither, and google isn't pulling anything out of the archive either.

Andy Watson
17th October 2006, 16:28
Ahh, I wonder if when ebudo got hacked it lost some of the earlier posts.

If you really want to know then PM John Lindsey (this site's owner)

Regards

George Kohler
17th October 2006, 16:42
I can't find the thread either. I don't know who the first two are but the last two are Takamatsu Toshitsugu and Takeda Sokaku.

Andy Watson
17th October 2006, 17:24
or George Kohler, I was going to say.

Fred27
17th October 2006, 19:23
I see. Thanks for the info..I was just curious :) I didnt really need to know...It was just one of those questions that popped in my head at like 2 in the morning. :P

kenkyusha
17th October 2006, 19:58
I don't know who chap in the flag or the kenjutsu guys are, but (as other folks have said), the gent in the middle is Takamatsu Sensei; the fellow on the right is the late Takamura Yukiyoshi, Sensei of Takamura ha Shindo Ryu Jujutsu

Fred27
18th October 2006, 07:52
I'm guessing he is an reenactor from later half of the Meiji-era. There are plenty such photos made long after the abolishment of the samurai :)