PDA

View Full Version : Honolulu area

Chuck.Gordon
24th October 2006, 08:45
A friend of mine is in Hawaii, living in Makakilo about 18 miles west of Honolulu, working in the city (on-base, he's a DoD civilian).

Looking for reccys for good aikido (Chris?) and maybe sword or stick.

Wayne, you still got the Takeuchi group going?

cg
(x-posted to other dojo-finder threads ...)

Chris Li
24th October 2006, 15:56
A friend of mine is in Hawaii, living in Makakilo about 18 miles west of Honolulu, working in the city (on-base, he's a DoD civilian).

Looking for reccys for good aikido (Chris?) and maybe sword or stick.

Wayne, you still got the Takeuchi group going?

cg
(x-posted to other dojo-finder threads ...)

Aikido Hawaii http://www.aikidohawaii.org/ has a list of dojo, but I don't recall much in that area...

They're probably closest to Pearl City with Don Moriyama - can't go wrong there!

Best,

Chris

Chuck.Gordon
24th October 2006, 20:56
Heya Chris,

I'll fwd that to him. He's an old aikido hand, but trained with me in my weird version of gendai and koryu for about a year. Older guy, had a quad bypass a few years ago, but still game and hearty and a good uke.

How's you and yours?

I'm contemplating applying for a couple of jobs out your way, BTW ...

cg

Chris Li
24th October 2006, 23:17
Heya Chris,

I'll fwd that to him. He's an old aikido hand, but trained with me in my weird version of gendai and koryu for about a year. Older guy, had a quad bypass a few years ago, but still game and hearty and a good uke.

How's you and yours?

I'm contemplating applying for a couple of jobs out your way, BTW ...

cg

Don Møriyama's a real old-timer in Hawaii, but still tough as nails, and a lot of fun.

Pretty busy these days, but trying to keep up. Be great to see you all move up this way!

Best,

Chris