PDA

View Full Version : Perfection of Character

luar
25th October 2006, 16:59
Gassho,

I came across this (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6352680) and thought you guys would enjoy this. Enjoy :)

Chris McLean
25th October 2006, 17:11
Some one handed that to me just yesterday. Great perspective. It is a good start in the right direction.

trevorg
25th October 2006, 18:05
Well, I certainly enjoyed reading this bit:

"I believe in this as I sweat through my gi, rubbing my inner elbows raw on my sides".

Inner raw elbows ? New one to me. I dont remember that, but then I'm a pussycat.

Osu
Trevor

Katsu!
26th October 2006, 02:16
Good to see that there are more of us who don't just discard the 'old' but rather mix what our predecessors learnt with our own experiences.

Marko Miletic

Casper Baar
26th October 2006, 09:45
Shotokan is an ancient system that provided bodyguards for the emperor?

But it's good to read about someone that's serious about serious training!

regards,

Casper

Chris McLean
26th October 2006, 12:26
Is a system that has a birth date somewhere around 1932-35 ancient? I consider it a relatively new style. Its predecessor Shorin-ryu in Okinawa I would consider an ancient system.

Katsu!
27th October 2006, 03:24
Is a system that has a birth date somewhere around 1932-35 ancient? I consider it a relatively new style. Its predecessor Shorin-ryu in Okinawa I would consider an ancient system.

Hi,

He had a question mark after that comment.

Regards,

Marko Miletic

Casper Baar
27th October 2006, 07:41
I should have used those quote signs I guess.

Chris McLean
27th October 2006, 22:37
I am a slow learner I got it thanks guys LOL.

don
29th October 2006, 03:02
Shotokan is an ancient system that provided bodyguards for the emperor?That's the thesis of Shotokan's Secret: The Hidden Truth Behind Karate's Fighting Origins (Paperback)
by Bruce Clayton. Fun read, but some serious folk has seriously questioned it's conclusions. Search here for the thread. I think Patrick McCarthy weighed in on the discussion.