PDA

View Full Version : Aikido Seishinkan Dojo

Devaldo
9th November 2006, 19:15
Hi im new to this site and martial arts. i was doing some research and found a dojo near me that teaches aikido and iaido. i would really like to learn iaido more then aikido. But since im a total noob at all this i was wondering if this dojo is a legit one that would be good for me. here is the site link http://www.aikidoseishinkan.org/
Thank you.

morpheus
9th November 2006, 20:31
Devon,
While I have no personal knowledge of this group, tt looks like a great place to train with a qualified instructor. Both organizations that he teaches under are legitimate groups.

Enjoy
Jeff

Devaldo
9th November 2006, 20:45
Ok, wonderful i will take a trip to see the dojo.
Thank you Jeff

pgsmith
9th November 2006, 21:08
Hey Devon,
I believe that the Aikido Seishinkan Dojo is run by David Goldberg. I've not personally met Goldberg sensei, but I've heard good things about him. He teaches Muso Shinden ryu iaido under the Roger Wehrhahn's American San Shin Kai, which is a good organization that is based in Japan. Legit dojo, and a legit instructor. You should consider yourself lucky to have found one near you!

Good luck in your training!

Devaldo
9th November 2006, 23:04
Thank you! i consider myself extremly lucky as this is something that i really would like to do and plan on doing all my life.

Brian Dunham
9th November 2006, 23:51
Dave is a friend of mine and a great instructor. You can't go wrong.

pgsmith
10th November 2006, 21:14
Dave is a friend of mine and a great instructor. You can't go wrong.
I figured one of you San Shin Kai guys would chime in eventually! :)

dhaas
16th November 2006, 17:20
I currently train at the dojo under Sensei Goldberg. We train in Muso Shinden Ryu under San Shin Kai.

Our classes are held on the following days...

Tues 8-9PM
Thur 8-9PM
Fri 7-8PM
Sat 11AM to 12:30pm

You are welcome to come out and watch. Also we have a policy of 1 week of free lessons for Aikido and Iaido to get a feel for the dojo and the training.

Please feel free to contact the dojo @ 215-542-0102.

Cordially,
David Haas

As a side note our leader of San Shin Kai of North America, Rodger Wehrhahn is releasing a new DVD on Hasagawa Eishin Ryu.. I don't know of any other source for these kata for production for Muso Shinden Ryu.

Devaldo
30th November 2006, 04:54
I’t's been a long time but I made a trip up to fort Washington and stopped by the dojo. What a beautiful place!! I met with Sensei Goldberg (he’s a really nice guy) and sat in on a class and I’m proud to say I’m going to start my Iaido training next week!! Thanks for your reply’s guys they really helped.
Best luck, Devon

p.s once I start getting used to all the terminology you’ll probably see me around on the forum.

rottunpunk
30th November 2006, 16:48
yey.
welcome to the wonderous whimzical world of iai
:p