PDA

View Full Version : Hobusake Anyone?

Benjamin Delich
21st December 2000, 01:49
Anybody know where I can get hobusake in US?

thanks,

Ben Delich

Bishamon
31st December 2000, 18:21
I assume you mean"habuzake"--I personally have never seen it for sale in the U.S., but you might try some Japanese markets on the West Coast...

Doug Daulton
31st December 2000, 22:54
As in made with the venom of the Okinawan Habu viper? Never seen it sold in the US.

Benjamin Delich
1st January 2001, 15:17
Thanks for the info..... I am on the east coast, so it will be a bit difficult for me to check out the west coast markets.
It is the sake with the venom snake in it. I have a friend who was telling me about it after he had some in Japan. Just looking to see if anyone knew where I could get some!

Ben

Harold James
3rd January 2001, 00:03
Ben

Outside of Yurakucho station in Tokyo on the Ginza side is a little store run by I believe the Okinawa Tourist Organization. At this store you can get several varieties of Habuzake. Not just made with the snake's venom but with the whole snake inside the jar.

Also, they sell a couple kinds of genki drinks made with the snake's venom. Perhaps if you know someone here in Tokyo they could pick you up a bottle of the genki drink. I am not so sure about mailing the wine... but someone could carry it back to you perhaps.

Benjamin Delich
3rd January 2001, 00:30
Thanks for the pointer. I'll ask around and see if anybody is going to Japan that I know..... I'll also check to see if I could get it online..... My one friend has some connections over there, I'll see if it could be shipped as well.
Thanks for the info Harold!

regards,

Ben