PDA

View Full Version : Iaido Dojo's in North Texas

QWraith
18th December 2006, 06:45
I'm a student at Austin College in Sherman, Texas. Sherman is about 45 min drive north of Dallas. Are there any iaido dojos that are north of the metroplex? Also, I know next to nothing abou the art, have only trained in Northen Long Fist Kung Fu before, never learned any weapons forms.

thanks in advance
-Ian Moreau

Douglas Wylie
18th December 2006, 14:20
John Ray sensei teaches Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu. I can vouch for this dojo.

www.dentondojo.com

pgsmith
18th December 2006, 15:50
Hi Ian,
Mr. Wylie is correct. John Ray in Denton is probably your only choice for iaido unless you want to go up to Oklahoma City. However, Ray sensei is well worth the travel time as his iaido is excellent and he is very highly regarded both here and in Japan.

QWraith
19th December 2006, 00:42
Thanks guys. I'll look into it when I head back up to school.

Norbert Funke
19th December 2006, 12:21
Hi Ian,
Mr. Wylie is correct. John Ray in Denton is probably your only choice for iaido unless you want to go up to Oklahoma City. However, Ray sensei is well worth the travel time as his iaido is excellent and he is very highly regarded both here and in Japan.I have the Denton Dojo stil on my watchlist. I am still planning to attend, once I finished up my current degree. But that still make take a while. John, I have not forgotten you.

Charles Mahan
20th December 2006, 04:05
You are both welcome to drop in and watch class anytime. The schedule is posted on the website which Doug posted.

Denton appears to be about an hour from Sherman.

Robert Corella
26th January 2007, 15:21
Hello,
We have an Araki Ryu Iaido Study group in Austin. Is this close to you? You may contact me at bcorella@cox.net .

Bob Corella
kenshindojo.net

pgsmith
26th January 2007, 16:45
Hey Bob,
THe original poster is actually about five hours from Austin, despite the name of the school he goes to! :)