PDA

View Full Version : Anyone carry a Snody?

Jody Holeton
8th February 2007, 22:47
Hi,

I've been wearing this Benchmade Snody as a pull-down knife around my neck.

I've tried using it as a boot knife but it is a tad bit uncomfortable.

I've seen it used as a boot knife but with the 2 string draws there are other options.

Anyone ever use a knife like this?

Anyone carry this any different?

pyro940
19th February 2007, 22:12
I'm a bit stuned as to the lack of response to you post, so I'm going to ask the question:

Why do you carry a knife around you neck in the first place?

Regards

Philip Stanley

Jody Holeton
19th February 2007, 22:18
Dear Phil,

The job.

I played opposing force ALL week and it's an invaluable tool to have out in the boonies.

I got the idea from a SM I chatted with who used one as a bootknife for his jumpmaster course.

This Snody comes with 2 shoelace ties, BUT with the tunic I wear, it works wll as a necklace for a quick pull.

pyro940
19th February 2007, 22:22
What's "the job"?

Regards

Jody Holeton
19th February 2007, 22:37
2LT

US Army

HOOAH!

Paul Mathews
20th February 2007, 00:13
Jody,

Another carry option would be a static chord carry. Tie the chord to your belt and then place the sheath in-waist-band (iwb). If you tie the chord to the right length the sheath will clear the waistband shortly before the knife clears the sheath. The sheath will then dangle from your belt until your are ready to resheath.

Mike Snody make some great designs, but most of them are custom. Fortunately, Benchmade has done a great job of licensing designs from him and other famous makers.

Hope helps.

m harper
24th February 2007, 22:52
I carry a Warren Thomas Ti knife like the Model 5. I love it because it won't rust when I go saltwater fishing. It cuts everything quickly and sharpens fast. Here is his web site. Check out the naginata and swords from Carbon fiber and Ti.

http://www.wtknives.com/

Kayden
28th February 2007, 01:36
I commonly carry a compleatly differnt knife in a similar sheath strapped to my forearm, handle pointed down towards my wrist. can be slightly uncomfy but very handy.