PDA

View Full Version : kenjutsu or battojutsu in chicago.

hammer70
13th February 2007, 20:33
Lookin for kenjutsu or battojutsu in the chicago area. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks,Rich.

climbthis
13th February 2007, 21:27
hey rich,

welcome to chicago. welcome to e-budo

Meido Moore Sensei at the shinkinkai on ravenswood has a group that does Battodo as part of United States Federation of Battodo. check out their website

www.shinjinkai.org

great dojo.

hope this helps,
jerome cervantes

Charles Mahan
13th February 2007, 23:55
There are other options in Chicago to consider as well. Try doing a forum search for Chicago.

Ken Pitchford is teaching Mugai Ryu in Chicago. I know he trained in Japan for several years and holds a pretty respectable rank. That's about all I can tell you about him. Put his name and Mugai Ryu in google and more should come up.

tweety
14th February 2007, 08:25
Last I heard about Ken Pitchford he was teaching at the Japanese Cultural Center:

http://www.japaneseculturecenter.com/iaido.html

Steve Delaney
14th February 2007, 09:42
Yep, he also teaches Sekiguchi-ryu iai (Higo-ryu variant) and Hyoho Niten Ichi-ryu. He was a student of Yonehara Kameo. Mr. Pitchford also teaches Kendo and Shindo Munen-ryu kenjutsu from the Haga Junichi dojo.

hammer70
14th February 2007, 16:16
Thanks for all your help and will let you know which one i go with. Thanks again!!!!!!

bushikan
14th February 2007, 16:23
Yep, he also teaches Sekiguchi-ryu iai (Higo-ryu variant) and Hyoho Niten Ichi-ryu. He was a student of Yonehara Kameo. Mr. Pitchford also teaches Kendo and Shindo Munen-ryu kenjutsu from the Haga Junichi dojo.

There is only two places to learn Shindo Munen Ryu Kenjutsu and Haga's dojo is not one of them. If someone can p.m. Mr. Pichford's email it would be most appreciated.

regards

climbthis
14th February 2007, 18:53
hi jeff

pitchford sensei's not that big on email. best bet is to try to reach him at the jccc