PDA

View Full Version : Matsubayshi-ryu and pressure points

Lombardi36
28th February 2007, 02:59
I was wondering what is being taught and studied out in the Matsubayashi-ryu world with respect to pressure points. Our dojo is very well versed in kata, bunkai (sho and di forms), yakasuko kumite, and kumite gata...

Prince Loeffler
28th February 2007, 05:45
I was wondering what is being taught and studied out in the Matsubayashi-ryu world with respect to pressure points. Our dojo is very well versed in kata, bunkai (sho and di forms), yakasuko kumite, and kumite gata...

Hi Dan,

First and foremost welcome ! Maybe perhaps I can help a bit. Most pressure point are taught "outside" of the Matsubayashi Ryu curricullum. Other dojo may "add" them on as part of their training, but often it comes from the outside source.

I can't speak for the other dojo, but in my dojo, its often out of the blue that I would introduce some few preassure points. Like you, our daily class consist of Kata, Kihon and Kumite.

Lombardi36
28th February 2007, 15:36
Mr. Loeffler,
Thank you for your reply... I have family who hold dan-ranks as do I. I was wondering what resources you utilize in your training. My knowledge has come from another style from an older brother (Isshin-ryu) and my sensei. My question is what resource is reliable outside my dojo... such as the Bubishi translation from Patrick McCarthy? O'Sensei Nagamine includes target areas in his book, and we have expanded on them. Any information would be useful... Dan

Prince Loeffler
2nd March 2007, 02:09
Mr. Loeffler,
Thank you for your reply... I have family who hold dan-ranks as do I. I was wondering what resources you utilize in your training. My knowledge has come from another style from an older brother (Isshin-ryu) and my sensei. My question is what resource is reliable outside my dojo... such as the Bubishi translation from Patrick McCarthy? O'Sensei Nagamine includes target areas in his book, and we have expanded on them. Any information would be useful... Dan

Hi Dan,

You're welcome. By the way if you wish to have more in-depth discussion pertaining to Matsubayashi ryu, you're welcome to join our small group at:

http://www.alljapankarate.com/forums/index.php

Just make sure that your sign in with your real name as our administrator tends to delete names that looks suspicious.

Lombardi36
2nd March 2007, 03:24
Mr. Loeffler,
I just got home from class. I was at the site the same day we had first contact and signed in, am waiting for the email verification... I will switch over... look forward to dialogue. Thanks, Dan

PS - If you don't hear from me there, check back here if possible so I can communicate getting into the site...

Prince Loeffler
2nd March 2007, 04:29
Mr. Loeffler,
I just got home from class. I was at the site the same day we had first contact and signed in, am waiting for the email verification... I will switch over... look forward to dialogue. Thanks, Dan

PS - If you don't hear from me there, check back here if possible so I can communicate getting into the site...

Hello Mr. Rose,

Just got off the phone with the webmaster, Can you sign up again ? He remembered a "rose" that sign up but it had incomplete info so he deleted it. I just told him to keep an eye on your name.

My apology ! We just want to make sure our site is spam free

Thanks