PDA

View Full Version : *New Governing Body for England*

Simon Keegan
2nd March 2007, 08:45
Received this email from Terry Wingrove, the UK's senior Karateka. For what my opinion matters, Wingrove Sensei genuinely wants the best for Karate in England and I feel we should support his endeavours for unity. It is sad that after 50 years we cannot even get an England team together. There will be an extraordinary general meeting on April 1 in Birmingham which representatives from all affiliated and non-affiliated groups are invited to attend. Naturally there are those who led to the fall of Karate England in the first place who don't want this meeting to happen. ("It may be a sinking ship but by god I'm the captain" I hear them cry)
Simon

Hi ,

I expect you have seen the latest twist in the English karate saga when yesterday the OLD KE site was revived and www.karateengland.org.uk became the mouthpiece of the “establishment”. I did expect this and if you analyse it carefully it consists of the groups connected to the directors of KE(2005)Ltd, who have completely disregarded the wishes of the general meeting on 18th Feb when it was definitively voted that NO team would be sent to Spain and that the next meeting for members would be on 1st April both of these were changed in an arbitrary manner by the “Establishment” when Abdu designated that a team would go to Spain and that HE would chose its content including the coach. Then it was decided by the “Establishment” to ignore the wishes of the members and postpone the next meeting of members for 4 or 5 MONTHS, another massive prevarication to try and delay any liquidation or investigation of KE(2005)Ltd. until there is a another NEW Governing body of their liking so they can deflect interest in the past KE(2005)Ltd disaster and“jump ship” to move onto new pastures without censure, explanation or liability for their actions re KE(2005)Ltd.

Over the past 7 months I have watched this set of circumstances unroll before my eyes and could not believe it, I thought that the “facts” presented to me were coloured by the politics of English Karate in an unplanned and unpredetermined manner. I felt a sympathy for the gullible Board of KE(2005)Ltd and tried where I could to assist in regaining some respect for the disgraced hierarchy but I was not only naïive but I now realised I was also “used” to further the particular ends of some of the parties involved.

After a number of consultations yesterday with directors of my group, my professional business associates and those groups,Associations and individuals who wish to adhere to the decisions of the 18th Feb meeting I have decided to fully back any investigation of KE(2005)Ltd and assist in anyway in the formation of a democratic New Governing body for English Karate. With this in mind I will employ the best professional brains available on ALL fronts and as I can now reveal I have had 3 meetings with National Sporting bodies re the problems of English Karate. I will state quite openly that I truly believe that NO former board member of the defunct KE(2005)Ltd (me included) should be eligible to stand for any post in a NEW Governing body.

With this in mind I ask for your cooperation and constructive input to meet these ends and present definitive proposals to be put in front of the meeting of 1st April. Please see the KE website www.karate-england.org which will be completely overhauled over the next few days and will offer information, positive pro-action and help where it is needed. Please forward this e-mail to any interested parties.

Please do NOT hesitate to contact me if I or my group can be of any help.

Sincerely,

Terry Wingrove

www.cyberbudo.com

Tel:07708888880

trevorg
2nd March 2007, 14:53
Simon

Didnt Mr Wingrove say this just a week or so ago(from your post of 20/2) ?

"I know from my business experience when to call it a day and after talking yesterday with a number of individuals at the meeting I realised that it would be better to sponsor teams, championships, travel etc of worthy individual groups as opposed to trying and take-on the national body".

So why the volte face ?

osu
Trevor

Simon Keegan
3rd March 2007, 10:38
Trevor
I think you'd do better to ask Terry, I'm sure this situation is too complicated for my rather pedestrian brain to compute and precis with the clarity it deserves.
Drop him an email on sensei@cyberbudo.com
Or better still why don't you come up on April 1, it would be nice to meet you.
Best wishes
Simon of the Sand Dunes

And in the spirit of informing the English Karate community of such developments, here is the latest email from Wingrove Sensei on this situation:

...................................................................................

Further to advice from my lawyers my group has been buying the debts of KE(2005)Ltd with the intention of enforcing the liquidation at the earliest opportunity. I will today contact a number of the creditors with offers so as to build a majority portfolio. As promised I will do everything to ensure that there is a thorough investigation of the circumstances of the demise of KE(2005)Ltd. to the FULL extent of the Law. I would ask any creditor of KE(2005)Ltd if they so desire to contact me to discuss a settlement.

Terry Wingrove

trevorg
3rd March 2007, 16:32
Trevor
I think you'd do better to ask Terry, I'm sure this situation is too complicated for my rather pedestrian brain to compute and precis with the clarity it deserves.
Drop him an email on sensei@cyberbudo.com
Or better still why don't you come up on April 1, it would be nice to meet you.
Best wishes
Simon of the Sand Dunes

And in the spirit of informing the English Karate community of such developments, here is the latest email from Wingrove Sensei on this situation:

...................................................................................

Further to advice from my lawyers my group has been buying the debts of KE(2005)Ltd with the intention of enforcing the liquidation at the earliest opportunity. I will today contact a number of the creditors with offers so as to build a majority portfolio. As promised I will do everything to ensure that there is a thorough investigation of the circumstances of the demise of KE(2005)Ltd. to the FULL extent of the Law. I would ask any creditor of KE(2005)Ltd if they so desire to contact me to discuss a settlement.

Terry Wingrove

Oh, I thought you might be in the know as you are close in.

Thanks but no thanks, will not contact Mr Wingrove as dont like getting involved in such matters.

Anyway,all credit to him for doing something about it while the rest of us just sit on the side and observe, like what I do.

Will come and see you notwithstanding, but not sure when because up to my neck at the moment.

Osu
Trevor