PDA

View Full Version : Aikidoka Kensho Furuya Passes Away !

Prince Loeffler
9th March 2007, 21:33
I just heard from my Sensei that Kensho Furuya sensei of the Aikido Center of Los Angeles has passed away this Monday.

Can anyone in this thread confirm this ? !

Prince Loeffler
9th March 2007, 21:37
Never mind I found it:

Yesterday evening, while observing the advanced Aikido class in the Aikido Center of Los Angeles, Kensho Furuya Sensei collapsed suddenly and without warning. He was taken to the hospital, but did not regain consciousness, and passed away. Sensei was in his dojo, among his friends and students, and was in good spirits in his final moments. He passed quickly, and did not appear to suffer.

ACLA students will be getting together at the dojo this evening at 6:30 p.m. Reverend Kojima of the Zenshuji Soto Zen Mission will be there to conduct a short service and to help with arrangements. Further details will be made public after this evening's meeting.

Many thanks to everyone for their support and understanding.

-- Bill Allen
-- 2nd Dan, Aikido Center of Los Angeles

Rest in Peace Reverend !

Brian Owens
10th March 2007, 03:17
Prince, as you found the report is correct.

Despite CPR being started immediately upon his collapse, he was -- according to the report I have -- not revived.

Too young, I feel, to have left this earth, but he left while doing what he loved. Not a bad epitaph, IMO.

Prince Loeffler
10th March 2007, 04:31
Prince, as you found the report is correct.

Despite CPR being started immediately upon his collapse, he was -- according to the report I have -- not revived.

Too young, I feel, to have left this earth, but he left while doing what he loved. Not a bad epitaph, IMO.

Hi Brian.

How old was he ?

Brian Owens
10th March 2007, 06:12
Hi Brian.

How old was he ?
58 -- only a few years older than me.

Prince Loeffler
10th March 2007, 06:43
58 -- only a few years older than me.

Well, you're right about leaving this world young... :) I guess it also signify that I am getting older as well.....