PDA

View Full Version : Buying an iaito

Eisenheim
12th March 2007, 18:10
Hello to all, I was wondering if anyone had some good advice concerning the purchasing of an iaito. I live in Canada (Montreal), and so I would really appreciate any comments!!!

Thank you very much

Joel Neves, LMS

Mr. T.
12th March 2007, 18:47
Have you asked your sensei for advise?

If not, please do so... (I wonder how many times some one gave this advise :rolleyes: )

There are many online shops like Tozando, Swordstore, Nine Circles, etc. I'm in a rush, So I've got no time to look for you but there is an iaito buying guide in the iaido section of kendo world forum.

I got to pack my bag for MT training. Good Luck.

cguzik
12th March 2007, 18:48
Joel,

You will get better advice that is more applicable to your art and specific methods of practice from your sensei than you will from us. Iaito come in a variety of different weights and lengths, and finding one that is suited to your needs really is a subject that only your sensei can answer accurately.

Best regards,

Chris

Eisenheim
16th March 2007, 18:04
Thank you very much, both of you.

I practice Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto Ryu, and the iaito would be for the iaijutsu I practice. I will ask my sensei tomorrow at practice and see what she says.

Thanks again and train hard!!!

joel

Chidokan
21st March 2007, 02:41
There is an excellent thread on Kendoworld forums where someone combined all the 'sword buying questions' into one big list.... check it out.