PDA

View Full Version : Conditioning exercises for Ninpo

Silence
9th April 2007, 11:09
Hi everyone, I am training Ninpo now and at the beginning of the class we normally do our routine stretching and conditioning exercise.

I feel that I need to do more conditioning exercises but not sure which are the effective exercises. Most of the guys at my Dojo have really tough and defined chest muscle and look very toned up without having bulky masses of muscles.

Can you please suggest me some good conditioning exercises to stick to and develop my strength. Especially in the areas of chest, legs, and lower back and I feel these are holding me back in my trainings.

BMinter
9th April 2007, 17:20
This question has been asked before...again, you can't go wrong with
junan taiso...

-Brian Minter

MakotoDojo
9th April 2007, 20:29
Hi everyone, I am training Ninpo now and at the beginning of the class we normally do our routine stretching and conditioning exercise.

I feel that I need to do more conditioning exercises but not sure which are the effective exercises. Most of the guys at my Dojo have really tough and defined chest muscle and look very toned up without having bulky masses of muscles.

Can you please suggest me some good conditioning exercises to stick to and develop my strength. Especially in the areas of chest, legs, and lower back and I feel these are holding me back in my trainings.

Hello,

just a suggestion, but why not ask the fellows that have the attributes you admire how THEY got that way? They can show you and help you out directly.

Best luck,

bu-kusa
9th April 2007, 21:12
If you need a reference book in addition to asking the people you train with, I found "functional training for sports" by Michael Boyle, published by human kinetics, very good indeed for building practical strength with flexability. Many of the exercises directly compliment the ones that are taught in Genbukan Dojo.

Silence
9th April 2007, 22:21
This question has been asked before...again, you can't go wrong with
junan taiso...

-Brian Minter

Thank you Brian, I didn't see the threads you were referring to.

gfys
9th April 2007, 23:15
Pushups, crunches...you know. The same kinds of exercises everyone is familiar with. It just takes some effort and dedication to stick with doing it long enough to get results.

FUGA DOJO
10th April 2007, 15:46
CHEST---LOTS OF PUSH UPS...OR FLAT BENCH,,,PEC DEK...INCLINE AND DECLINE

BACK...LAT PULL DOWNS ...SEATED ROWS... SINGLE ARM PULLS

LEGS..SQUAT...LUNGES...HACK SQUAT...SINLE LEG SQUAT...PAUSES..NEGATIVES... EAT OATMEAL BEFORE YOU SQUAT YOU MIGHT PASS OUT...

Most of all just do it consistently I have been lifting weights a long time it just takes dedication..

BigJon
17th April 2007, 18:52
You might check out www.crossfit.com