PDA

View Full Version : This program is a blessing

James Wadley
22nd April 2007, 17:58
Check Out this Program www.ebbponline.com

This program has changed the way I make a living teaching Martial arts. I have always known that my traditional ways of teaching and thinking have kept me from building the right school and making a professionals income. This program has changed it all for me. It has been a tramendous financial blessing to me and my family.

trevorg
22nd April 2007, 19:36
As UMAHOF has been advertised on ebudo before I am surprised no-one hasnt checked this organisation out, or just James's latest offering www.ebbponline.com

I thought all the titles and grades of Prof Silvio Guerra very impressive.

Osu
Trevor

James Wadley
22nd April 2007, 20:38
As UMAHOF has been advertised on ebudo before I am surprised no-one hasnt checked this organisation out, or just James's latest offering www.ebbponline.com

I thought all the titles and grades of Prof Silvio Guerra very impressive.

Osu
Trevor

This is not meant as a advertisment. This is a testimonial, and referral for what my brother passed on to me. If I told you how learning this program has increased my income you may find it hard to believe. I am so excited about the change in my life.

trevorg
22nd April 2007, 20:48
Sorry, advertised was the wrong word, it should have been 'announced'.

Osu
Trevor

Prince Loeffler
22nd April 2007, 23:24
Let me see if I got this right. The course offers Black Belt in "Self Defense" ? How is this different from what most of the e-budo's budoka are already doing ?

Second, This site does not rub me the right way as it offers people black belt in 6 months. http://www.executiveblackbeltprogram.com/

Can you explain how one person can hold certain "yudansha" skills in 6 months ?

warmystc
23rd April 2007, 16:59
Lets see, from where I am standing, it seems like this program is for those who aren't a serious martial artist. I was involve in Protection and I can see where this program will negate the need for a protection professional.

I can see the value as far as executives and VIP(s) can learn to become more aware of there own surrounding when doing their particular business. At the same time however, it may give executives, entertainer, VIP(S), etc. a reason to appreciate what their protection and security professionals will go through for the sake of their protection. I wish this was around when I was in the business of protection, because I was so under valued by clients and employers. There maybe some value here.

James Wadley
23rd April 2007, 17:23
I started out looking at this program as a traditional martial artist might see it to be, but then realized it is a self protection program for the professional. Very different from the way I teach my traditional style to my students.

Mark Murray
23rd April 2007, 18:19
Let me see if I got this right. The course offers Black Belt in "Self Defense" ? How is this different from what most of the e-budo's budoka are already doing ?

Second, This site does not rub me the right way as it offers people black belt in 6 months. http://www.executiveblackbeltprogram.com/

Can you explain how one person can hold certain "yudansha" skills in 6 months ?

Hi Prince,
It was buried in one of the FAQ pages, but here's your answer direct from their website:

http://www.ebbponline.com/index.php?pr=FAQs_FI#7

"Awarding a black belt after only six months of training is new to me. I am not sure I am comfortable with that.

We understand this is a new concept. An "Executive Black Belt" is a new term. Your students after completing this course will be so good at self-protection that their is no question they will deserve it. Their black belt is not a martial arts black belt in the traditional sense and is not meant to be a traditional black belt."

Concerning this thread, though. Do you think it's in the right place? I don't see how this relates to dojo management.

Thanks,
Mark

Prince Loeffler
23rd April 2007, 18:33
Thank you for your responses Mr. Thomas and Mr. Wadley. I really do appreciate your opinions of the matter at hand.

Several statements caught my attention:

From Mr. Thomas;

from where I am standing, it seems like this program is for those who aren't a serious martial artist.

But in 6 months, "non-serious" "martial artist" can claim "yudansha" rank ? Would this not equate to a civilian claiming a title of Brigadier General of the US Army after playing paint ball war games for 6 months ? This does not sound right ? Don't you think ?

What is the difference in recieving a "Certificate of Completion" as opposed to "Black Belt Certificate" ?

On this site: http://www.executiveblackbeltprogram.com/

6 month training program.

2 training hours per week

Now I hated math in high school and college, but if my equation is incorrect, please assist me in correcting it.

I calculated 2 hours per week for 6 months and I came up with a total of 48 hours total. So what it really boils down to is that it takes a matter of 2-4 months to become proficient in a defensive art or martial arts if they train daily ?

While I don't doubt that the head instructor has the ability to fight or defend himself. Did it really take him 6 months to have such ability to defend himself ?

Mr. Wadley, Please do not construe this post as an unwarranted attack against you and your bother's program. I am just trying to understand the logics and concepts behind the product. Think of me as that annoying little kid who keeps bugging you about where babies come from.. :)

Prince Loeffler
23rd April 2007, 18:40
Hi Prince,
It was buried in one of the FAQ pages, but here's your answer direct from their website:

http://www.ebbponline.com/index.php?pr=FAQs_FI#7

"Awarding a black belt after only six months of training is new to me. I am not sure I am comfortable with that.

We understand this is a new concept. An "Executive Black Belt" is a new term. Your students after completing this course will be so good at self-protection that their is no question they will deserve it. Their black belt is not a martial arts black belt in the traditional sense and is not meant to be a traditional black belt."

Concerning this thread, though. Do you think it's in the right place? I don't see how this relates to dojo management.

Thanks,
Mark

Thanks Mark !

I didn't see FAQ in their site yet. The problem that "they" know its NOT a "traditional" Martial Belts, but will the students know the difference ? Will the general public know the difference.

If I put on a CHP uniform from the costume shop, will the public see the difference between a "real" police officer or just some guy dressed like a Law Enforcement officer on his way to a bachelorete party ?

For now , I guess we could move this to the members lounge. What do you think ?

Mark Murray
23rd April 2007, 19:07
Thanks Mark !

I didn't see FAQ in their site yet. The problem that "they" know its NOT a "traditional" Martial Belts, but will the students know the difference ? Will the general public know the difference.

If I put on a CHP uniform from the costume shop, will the public see the difference between a "real" police officer or just some guy dressed like a Law Enforcement officer on his way to a bachelorete party ?

For now , I guess we could move this to the members lounge. What do you think ?

True, it would be a bit easier to tell the difference if they'd used some other title for their system than earning a black belt. But, then they run the problem of it being entirely new to people. At least with "black belt", people recognize the term. Not that I agree with it, but I can understand the theory behind doing it that way.

For now, yes I agree, the member's lounge is a better place for it than here.

Mark

trevorg
23rd April 2007, 22:56
I think I'm an executive,and I want an Executive Black Belt NOW ! I've worked so hard all these years,in fact I think I am well overdue to be awarded a Chief Executive's Black Belt.

Osu
Trevor
(ps,thanks Prince)

TommyK
23rd April 2007, 23:38
Greetings,

So this is like a "Black Belt" in Sigma Six? It indicates you have mastered something, just not traditional Martial Arts, right?

Correct my thinking, if necessary.

Regards,
Tom

James Wadley
24th April 2007, 02:44
Mr. Wadley, Please do not construe this post as an unwarranted attack against you and your bother's program. I am just trying to understand the logics and concepts behind the product. Think of me as that annoying little kid who keeps bugging you about where babies come from.. :)

Mr. Loeffler believe me I understand and agree with every word you are saying. I believe the same thing and stand firm about ranks, but I have litterly just starved teaching martial arts and trying to make it in this society teaching and sharing with others. There were so many times I would get so down on what I was doing because I could not make the kind of living for myself and family that we needed. My brother keep saying to me "who else with 20 plus years in a certain field makes so little money?" That bothered me as much as it did him. The only difference is he found a way to change it all and still stay traditional. Mr. Loeffler I love life again, and can finally breath desent. You are my brother in arts and I care for you the same. I just wanted to share a business concept that has changed it all for me.
Your words are kind in my mind, I know you mean well.

Brian Owens
24th April 2007, 04:13
I suspect that this is why so many who teach traditional martial arts do so in addition to their regular income, not as their regular income.

It helps keep things clear and in perspective.

James Wadley
24th April 2007, 06:52
Yes I agree with you.

Prince Loeffler
24th April 2007, 07:41
You are my brother in arts and I care for you the same. I just wanted to share a business concept that has changed it all for me.
Your words are kind in my mind, I know you mean well.

Thank you sir ! I return the same respect and care to you twofold.

Arigato !

Brian Owens
24th April 2007, 08:16
Hum that made me think. I was trying to think of what the real traditional people did for a living.
It's as varied as the people themselves.

Some examples from my personal experience:

One worked in the planning department of city government, and also does sword polishing, restoration, and appraisal.

One owned a home remodeling business with his partner, and they managed three dojo in their "spare" time. (As if those who own small businesses have any spare time!)

One owned a grocery store, with the kwoon in the basement of the store.

One was a successful real estate investor, who devoted less time to real estate and more to martial arts only well after building a nest egg.

One was a detective for a large metropolitan police department.

One is a Shinto priest, and the shrine is also the dojo.

As you can see, it's a pretty diverse group. The only common feature is that they all taught martial arts as an avocation, supported by their vocation.

Jason Chambers
24th April 2007, 19:45
You would think that since all martial arts instructors are working with one girl in mind... to train others... You would think that information like this would be offered free of charge.

Gotta love free enterprising sensei....

Brian Owens
24th April 2007, 21:38
...all martial arts instructors are working with one girl in mind...
Okay, who is she? Inquiring minds want to know!

James Wadley
24th April 2007, 21:52
Now that is funny. Good one.

trevorg
24th April 2007, 22:10
Okay, who is she? Inquiring minds want to know!

Damn,beat me to it.

Osu
Trevor

Brian Owens
24th April 2007, 22:13
I put more stock in B. F. Skinner than in Sigmund Freud, but if that wasn't a perfect example of a Freudian Slip, I don't know what is.

I think spring is in the air in Baton Rouge!

trevorg
24th April 2007, 22:50
Anyway, browsing around as I do from time to time, I tracked through from ebbponline to prof silverio guerra who is on the board of advisors and like I said before, what an impressive list of credentials:

http://www.umahof.org/founder.htm

I particularly liked International Brotherhood of Martial Artists Knights of Heaven-Soke-1996, This is where I found reference to a Dr Robert Braff (just picked any name out of the list) which then led me back over the pond to here where I found:

http://www.sanryudo.co.uk/

and I just wondered more about it,being also struck by the 4th dan professor Juliet Marke. Didnt get very far just this:
http://cache.zoominfo.com/CachedPage/?archive_id=0&page_id=1258243240&page_url=%2f%2fwww.teamgbrkick.com%2fBoardofDirectors.html&page_last_updated=9%2f24%2f2006+10%3a30%3a02+AM
I think she's connected through her husband (?) Vic Marke to a dojo in Nottingham, so far as I can see.

Amazing how it all gets connected,bit like the six degrees of separation.

Osu
Trevor

trevorg
24th April 2007, 23:09
Oh,and before I go off to bed I just noticed that Prof Guerra had received his 10th dan from Klaus Schumacher, so I googled Mr Schumacher who is an 11th dan WOW. This led me to :

http://www.maa-i.com/womanews/who_is_who/Honorable_Members/hauptteil_honorable_members.html

More WOW

G'night

Osu
Trevor

Prince Loeffler
25th April 2007, 00:17
Anyway, browsing around as I do from time to time, I tracked through from ebbponline to prof silverio guerra who is on the board of advisors and like I said before, what an impressive list of credentials:

http://www.umahof.org/founder.htm

I particularly liked International Brotherhood of Martial Artists Knights of Heaven-Soke-1996, This is where I found reference to a Dr Robert Braff (just picked any name out of the list) which then led me back over the pond to here where I found:

http://www.sanryudo.co.uk/

and I just wondered more about it,being also struck by the 4th dan professor Juliet Marke. Didnt get very far just this:
http://cache.zoominfo.com/CachedPage/?archive_id=0&page_id=1258243240&page_url=%2f%2fwww.teamgbrkick.com%2fBoardofDirectors.html&page_last_updated=9%2f24%2f2006+10%3a30%3a02+AM
I think she's connected through her husband (?) Vic Marke to a dojo in Nottingham, so far as I can see.

Amazing how it all gets connected,bit like the six degrees of separation.

Osu
Trevor

Hey Trev !, I think the subject of this thread has ran its course. The above qoute should be on a separate thread all together. Thanks !

trevorg
25th April 2007, 12:54
Fine by me.

osu
Trevor

Prince Loeffler
25th April 2007, 16:53
Fine by me.

osu
Trevor

Thanks Buddy !

trevorg
25th April 2007, 17:05
Well, thats extremely generous of you and making me a buddy, too ! I dont have many buddies.

BTW, did you ever find out what karate was ?

osu
Trevor

Prince Loeffler
25th April 2007, 17:19
Well, thats extremely generous of you and making me a buddy, too ! I dont have many buddies.

BTW, did you ever find out what karate was ?

osu
Trevor

Now you have one !!! :) Still searching man ! :p

trevorg
25th April 2007, 20:19
Aye, its a long road and the more I walk it the further the horizon goes away from me, or so it seems.

Osu
Trevor